Saturday, October 15

The WishJar

I had read this awhile back on Laura's blog.
I went and reread it today. I love her words. I pulled a few of her words for my post today.

how much does one share, and how much does one keep for themselves? the whole of it would make the most beautiful of novels. sometimes real life is more magical than fiction.
do you believe?

**
So she sets out to create her own life, the one that she always wanted. Most importantly she needs to find something that will fill the hole. A sense of belonging, a home to replace the one she has left. She imagines the most beautiful life. Over time all of the things she has imagined come true. A home, a village, books, a loving relationship, family & friends, pets. And she is doing the thing she loves to do most in the world, drawing. She even accomplishes all of the goals she has for herself, write a book, dance, sing, paint. She has the perfect life. She is happy. People from all over the world write her and ask how they can have that life too.
Over time she starts to question things a little.
At times she feels slightly confused about where she is going. If she has everything in her dreams what is next? Some of the things she used to want have lost their meaning, (fame, money, a following). She knows you can not always know where a path is headed. So she decides to focus on the things around her that are beautiful, nature, people, books about foreign places, films, art, and not question things so much. And in those things she finds comfort.

**
as your world undulates and twists, and you toss and turn in your bed, remember that this is life, and the floating paper will all settle in the end. you're feelings for me will either go away or they won't. your world will stay the same or it will change. you will listen to your heart, and somehow you will know what is right, where your path is to go. catch your breath, and it will all settle in the end.
**
how does one know if they are traveling in the right direction? trust that your heart will lead where you need to go. when your heart speaks, you will feel a deep knowing at the root of it. love, joy, pain, sadness, fear, they are all a part of it. they will be with you throughout it all. that is your truth. there is nothing else.
in this love I find myself.

5 comments:

Sprinkles said...

{{my apologies again}}

I sent email to your yahoo. Just wanted you to know to look for it.

Marianna said...

I liked reading it back when Laura posted it & I like re-reading it now... good affirmation for the day.

Thanks, Leesa.

M~

Laura said...

I love her blog...
:)
~L.

manababies said...

I loved this entry and all the links it lead to. But it did make me sad on so many levels :(.

•♥•m•♥• said...

wow....you know how they say there is a reason for everything??? I dont know if you read my blog at all....but I just got done blogging (whining, wearing my cross) about my PhD journey.....and I noticed you had visited my photoblog (still under construction)........so I popped over to read yours and view your beautiful work......long story short....I got to this one......and I hope you dont mind .....but I'm going to reference it on my BLOG.....its so beautiful it made me cry.......thanks! I needed to gather myself again....and this helped! M