Wednesday, October 26

I Drive Him Crazy


He says I drive him crazy.

Of course I do. That's intentional. I tell him he'd be bored if I didn't drive him crazy.

So why does the hub say that? Hmmph--plenty of reasons I'm sure, but I'm only going to talk about one today.

I have alot of pets. As many of you already know. And, they all have names, of course. But alot of them have TWO names. See, I name them one thing and call them another.
I try to think of creative names when naming my pets, either relates to how or when or where I found them, or just something different--No Rover or Fluffy.

Taylor--named after the doctor that saved her. Hub actually did the surgery but he wouldn't let me call her after his name. Actually she doesn't have a nickname.
Brock--actually from the show Reba. He is usually called Brock-Lee (broccoli) by the neighbor kids and it has just stuck.
Henderson (bless his little heart wherever he is) was named after the street we lived on/found him on in Fort Worth. Okay..this isn't working, I called him Henderson too.

Let's move on...

I have a cat named Chips, but I call him Tweet. (I actually had two kittens together named Chips & Salsa, but Salsa is no longer with us.)
I have another cat named Bustopher (from CATS) I call him Busta or Busta Rimes.
Tugger= Tugboat. (also from CATS)
Critter= BeeBee.
Grizzly=Grizzle.
Otis=Odie.

I'm not mentioning anymore because then you'll think I'm some crazy cat lady. No, I'm not!
They all answer to both names. He never knows which is which half the time.
That drives Hub crazy.
But, since he never calls any of them I'm not sure why he cares.
Oh and my cats do come when I call.

So that's installment one of how I drive him crazy :)
Next time?? Why I have so many different pairs of black shoes.....

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I'm gonna remember that line when hubs says you drive me crazy lol.

Laura said...

Ha! I do that with my kids. Joe's friends think Erin's name is Hug-a-Boo and they think Ryan is Bee.
~L.

Troubador said...

My daughter has a cat she calls Misty. I call it Fat Ass.

Misty does not like me very much

Troubador

Michael said...

That made me smile. How could that drive anybody crazy?

And don't all women collect shoes?


Take Care
Michael

Rosie said...

I'm like Laura...my children have gotten tagged with nicknames. Beanie Boy and Shmoo are the most used...of course then those names have other incarnations...Bean Ball and Shmoo-iest.

Fortunately, the men in my life, while rolling their eyes at me, indulge my habit. : )

Leesa said...

Yes Neil, I do fullfil the job requirements:)
Yes Michael, all women collect shoes I think, and he indulges me in that, but he still doesn't get why I have so many in ONE color!

Shephard said...

I love your cat photos, and I'm glad you post them. Clearly you're not alone! And you know from my blog that all my cats have nicknames too --altho I didn't share the more outlandish ones ;) ~S

Robin Alexa said...

That's hilarious. I love all of their names. You too funny Leesa.

Pam said...

It is our mission in life to drive them crazier. To some, new shoes/shoes are food for the soul:) I liked the cats names...I am don't have that many pets but I do tend to make up new names for the people in my life:) And they DO come when I call them by their new names...with a smile even! Great post!

Marianna said...

lol... reading this, I kept on thinking about Laura's kidlets...

I guess it's hard to give a box turtle a nickname. Theo it is!

M~