
As I stood outside tonight with the dogs ( in a fenced yard) I thought of Halloween.
The coyotes were howling tonight, along with the cows. Err..I guess they were mooing. Whatever.
I was thinking how cool Halloween could be here if anything ever went on in this town. We have such dark forests, and creepy sounds at night. Oh and I guess scary bear help too.
I love Halloween, haven't really celebrated it in 3 years. It is our anniversary too, so that at least adds something to it. My luck, Hub will be in CA.
I remember getting all the candy for trick-o-treaters, and decorating the front door. Putting the big trash bags out that look like pumpkins.
They always were stolen out of my yard by morning.
Carving pumpkins was fun too. Actually I would paint mine, everyone else would carve. Yes, I'm a girl sometimes.
The parties were always the best. Friends, good food, drinks, I miss it.
We usually had the parties at our house too.
We also had the Christmas parties. Probably because we usually had the biggest residence out of the people we worked with. Each Christmas we would have everyone bring a toy for Toys-for-Tots. It was amazing how many toys we would have to drop off the next morning.
Yes, I guess I'm reminiscing tonight.
Still no bear so far. Raccoons everywhere. It's about 40 degrees. Fire's still burning--which is good for me since I let the woodstove go out all the time. I get to go to Costco tomorrow, so that is cool. Of course the 1 hour 45 minute drive is not.
I got alot of interesting responses to my last post. .
Did I mention I was bored???
**Well I spoke too soon--Max was outside when I went to turn all the lights off.
Damn--I'm gettin' tired of ol' Max**
9 comments:
I live in a residential street, but I never get trick-or-treaters anymore. They all go to the mall so they are in a safe environment. Where's the fun in THAT?!?!
Sorry G will be in Cali for your anniversary... bummer...
M~
Hi
My daughter loves Halloween the best of all holidays. She's 8. I would have figured she'd pick Christmas. We decorate and stuff here, but no one ever sees it and in the 8 years we've lived here, we've never had a trick or treater. I buy candy anyway ... just in case. We bring my daughter through our sparse neighborhood - folks know she's coming (she and her cousins are the only kids)so they do up big bags of 'booty' for them. It's fun, albeit very quiet!
ps ... I hope your hub makes it home for your anniversary. I really do.
We should have an online Halloween party..woo hoo!!!
~L.
OH MY GOD! That pic of the trick-or-treating dogs is so cute I can't stand it!
we always did the toys-for-tots thing at our annual Christmas parties too, then took them to the local fire departments. Lots and lots of tonys.
~S
Don't hate me. I hate Halloween. Could it be because I handmade the girls' Halloween costumes every year? For many year, I was the one who walked the girls around the neighborhood because the DH worked. I would turn out our lights and we had no trick or treaters. Now I keep the lights out, and the trick STILL works. I stay downstairs in my office chuckling away, eating the candy I bought!
Halloween party?? Cool!
No, Hub won't be here for Halloween/anniversary :(
Redhead-you are demented woman.
Dog pic is great, isn't it?
Post a Comment