Thursday, October 27

Special Treatment


Ya'll remember the doe that eats out of my hands?? This is her over to the left.

I think she now has decided she's special.
Most of the deer that come here for corn show up at the same time. Like clockwork they are here first thing in the morning, then sometime in the afternoon, and then at night at last feeding for the horses.

Miss Special comes by herself. She wants to be fed seperately. She has learned (and I'm not crazy, really) to stand in a particular place in the yard where she can see me at my desk. She will stand there and stare at me until I come out and feed her. It's really pretty cool. It's not that cool though when the weather is yucky and I have to go out twice.

10 comments:

World Traveler of Airports said...

That is very cool.
Animals are so much smarter than we give them credit for.

Michael said...

That is cool.

What is Miss Special's second name?

Take Care
Michael

The Q said...

I am beyond jealous of you. I think that is just so neat!

Duly Inspired said...

Oh, bless that. And people say we train the animals. Ha!

Robin said...

Wow...how beautiful! I can't imagine...

Dee said...

we had a friend who raised a doe whose mom was hit by a car by their place. The doe is two years old and shows up now with her young ones. She had twins last summer and the year before had a single. All of them show up in her yard. In hunting season she is afraid they will get show so she ties a big red bow around Mama.
The other ones will not let her touch them but they do come in fairly close.

Katya Coldheart said...

awwww thats so sweet, who says animals can't be intelligent...i'm so jealous, but i'd be trying it with the bears...lol

:0)

Jaime said...

That's too cute. I can't even train my dog - never mind "wildlife".

Redhead Editor said...

She must be a Leo and the youngest in the family!

Check her for ticks before feeding.

Marianna said...

Oh how cool, gal! She's getting spoiled by you.

M~