
I spent the day taking photos outside. We had a beautiful day, 60's, sunny and breezy.
I had to just get out of the house for awhile.
I've realized lately that I've become needy. I've never been needy. I've always been very independent. Besides Hubby, of course, I've never relied on someone else to make me happy. I don't expect hubby to make me happy either, but he does.
I usually don't expect anything out of anyone. Well, I take that back. I do expect honesty, respect. If I give it, I want it back.
Anyway, I'm getting off the subject somehow.....I spent the day with "Me".
Yes, I know, I'm always with "me"...but today was different. I got away from the computer. I got away from the ringing phone. It's been ringing alot today too for some reason. I really could do without a phone. It's usually for Hub anyway. Voicemail--lovely.
I spent alot of the day out at the pond. In the garden. With the dogs.
I saw the sunrise, it was beautiful. The grossbeaks and greyjays are back. They love peanuts by the way :) The air smells sweet, can't tell what it is.
I took photos of bugs, and horses, and cats. The aspens are turning yellow, so pretty.
The stinkbugs are back. Have any of you experienced these awful beings?? Uggh..they are horrible. They are everywhere. Even the cats won't mess with these bugs. Horrible smell if you touch or squish them.
I'm having a glass of wine now. Maybe a bubble bath later??
The hub is ordering a jacuzzi bathtub for me...joy:)
I received my Seinfeld tickets today...joy x 2 :)
My uggs came too :)
Remember the doe that ate out of the bowl for me?? She ate out of my hand today. It was great :) I'm going to try to catch that on camera next time too. It's funny because all of these deer mostly look alike, but her I know.
Anyway, sometimes you just need to dedicate some time to "me". In the end, "we" have to be happy before others can make us happy. We are responsible for our own happiness. You can be surrounded by amazing beauty and amazing people, but, if you aren't happy with yourself, it doesn't matter.
"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or touched. They must be felt."--Helen Keller.
6 comments:
I'm just starting to be friends with my self.
It sounds like you had a lovely day. Good for you.
Take Care
Michael
Days like today where you spent it with yourself occupied in your own thoughts, answering only to your own mind, and catering to only your agenda are such beautiful days to have. I used to strive to spend days like that, or even part of a day.
When I was in college I used to wake up extra early sometimes and walk the mile to campus instead of drive just to have that morning silence to sort out my own thoughts, take in my own sights, and seeks answers to only questions my mind would ask in those quiet morning moments.
I'd sit and watch the sunrise, and watch nature yawn and stretch as the golden rays of day teased consciousness into the morning.
One particular morning, the sun rose up behind the mountain and it caused the most breath taking view I've ever seen in my life. Created an hour glass - half mountain, half casted shadow from the mountain with a purple and pink haze of sparkle all around. I can't adequately describe the beauty it held other than say it overwhelmed me to the point of breaking me down into tears. And of course - I didn't have my camera with me that morning. That is one of my great regrets. I wish with all my heart that I could have captured that moment so I could revisit it. But I suppose it wasn't meant to be caught.
Id sketch and write poetry and dream. It's really important to always try to find time to get to know yourself over and over again as we are always changing. It needs to be a good chunk of time - not something you can do in ten minutes. We as a species are great at putting on shows and performances for our perceived world and the expectations around us. It takes time to bring silence to all the demands that we get so accustomed to having put upon us, to get comfy cozy with your inner self, and then to really explore where you mind is at and what your current needs and wants and reflections are.
I know EXACTLY what you mean! I miss spending time with myself, but those are the days that I can truely relax and just be me and do the things I love..being outside and taking pics of everything in site. I will live today vicariously through your "me" day! Stacie
In a few weeks, I hopefully will take some time for "me" too. I tend to get so absorbed in this computer sometimes, that I forget to do the simple things. Like blink.
I'm glad you took some time for you. You saw some beautiful things.
M~
Mmm..I agree. I could use some ~me~ time, but I have three little kidlets that take priority over ~me~...It is so important and someday I will be able to have that time again.
Could the hub order me a jacuzzi, too? ;)
~L.
I try to remember to make some "me" time every single day - even if it's only 15 minutes of sitting somewhere by myself and "decompressing". I have my own room in the house ...not my bedroom, but what I call my "away room". It's mine and Hub and Daughter know to KNOCK before they enter. My computer is in here, my favorite books, my "pretties" and crystals and stuff I like. I need this room and it does me a world of good. I'd rather get outside, but if I can't ... my away room is great. Sounds like you had a wonderful day and I'm very happy for you!
Post a Comment