
So, my Halloween. This is how the skies looked, perfect eh? Still no snow down here, but it is all over the mountains above us.
I opened a bottle of wine, the fireplace is going and I lit my candles. It was very pretty. Actually that's alot like every night, so nothing new there.
I watched a Halloween movie marathon most of the day....the SCREAM movies are my favorite, but the Halloween Movie sequels, and the Friday the 13th sequels...those were so cheesy. Geez, how many times can you kill Michael Myers?? Now I love the first Halloween, but the rest were pretty bad.
And why do all the girls fall when they are running? Or why do they always run upstairs when the killer is chasing them?? And why are the girls usually half-nekkid??
I used to love scary movies, but kind of stopped watching them when I started living in the forest alone. I realized tonight, that most of them are so silly I'm not sure what I was scared of. Now, if the scary movie details are something that I believe could really happen to me, then I don't watch.
I'm not normally scared here believe it or not. I do feel safe. The worst crime we've had here in three years is mailbox baseball. And that happens every year.
I lock my doors, I have dogs and I have guns. I really don't get too scared very often. Now, when creepy guy down the road was giving me problems, then I was scared.
But just sometimes, when I think about what little boogeyman could possibly be out there..it does give me the creeps. Plus, I can't watch the Exorcist at all. Uggh, talk about not sleeping!
I did watch the first Friday the 13th today...and I almost laughed through the whole thing. Did this used to scare us?? I remember this scared the bajeezus out of me when I first saw it. Today it was funny.
I have to say the the SCREAM trilogy is my favorite. All three were good to me, and I hear a 4th might be coming out.
It's getting dark so early now, like 5pm. No way of getting out of feeding the herd in the dark. I'm pretty sure the bear are gone, I've left bird feeders out now for a week and they haven't been touched. We do now have a mountain lion issue around here. The hub was called to a home the other day for a mountain lion attack on a dog, AND....a mountain lion came up and took a small dog right off someone's front porch. Nice, eh??
Oh well, so is life in the wilderness. Hope you all had an awesome Halloween and I'm going to get back to my scary movies:)
5 comments:
We rented "Land of the Dead" the other night (to kind of get in the Halloween spirit) and I found myself thinking "Why am I watching this? I don't even really like scary movies anymore!" I used to love them...Nightmare on Elm Street was one of my favorites. Seems now that I'm a little older, scary movies just don't do it for me anymore. (But I agree with you....The Exorcist is one movie that STILL scares the crap out of me to this day.)
Hope you had a nice, quiet, mountain lion-less Halloween! :)
That picture is awesome... so fiting!
I love The Exorcist, but it skeeres the bejeezus outa me .
M~
I love the Scream movies too. I was so proud of myself that I saw the 2nd all by myself. I usually get too scared. Of course I sat with my feet up thinking someone would grab me! The skies are beautiful. I love the movie marathons. Sounds like you had a good night!
I cannot watch anything like the Exorcist movies...ever. Scare me way to much!
Well be careful when you're out there in the dark....mountain lions are probably more likely than the boogie man!
Geez Louise! No wonder you can't sleep! I got shivers just reading about all those scary movies. No thanks! My idea of scary movies is those really cheesy B movies like Ananconda, and Lake Placid...but Scream? NO WAY!! That crap can really happen..some nutbag goes out and gets himself a mask and....oh geez, now I can't sleep! LOL Loved the picture by the way. Would love to see a pic of a mountain lion, but sure hope you don't meet up with one!! Take care. Stacie
Post a Comment