Tuesday, October 18

Monday's Over


It's warmer out this morning, still 60 degrees. I'm already tired of the woodstove...and it's only October. Geesh.
I tripped over Brock last night, in the dark, and almost broke my nose. I'm serious. And no Heineken was involved. What's the fun in that?
If I'm black and blue, I will not be happy. I already have a funny nose. Hmm...maybe it can be fixed??? :)

Hub comes home Wednesday morning, but then heads out again on Friday morning. This time of year his time home gets less and less. I see alot of snow-shoveling in my future.
Still looking for that ranch-hand :)

The bear have already been here. They just have not figured out that the container is empty yet. I assume they will keep checking until they hibernate. I guess I can't blame them...bear store up as much as they can so they can live on that fat while hibernating all winter.
So far, they have not figured out that the trash cans are in the back of the house. That's how you can tell these two are young. The older ones know exactly what to look for. Last season the bear took both of our trash containers and carried them out into the woods. We had to go search them out and bring them home.
I did find the hot tub lid open one night, which made me laugh. You think they wanted to take a dip??? Hmmm...bear soup.
Again,makes me laugh because the Hub always wants to get in the hot tub this time of year and I'm thinking...NO..I am not going to be "girl" stew. Nope. I'm not volunteering for that position.

I think that's why he's agreed to put a jacuzzi tub inside the house. Ahhh...can't wait.

9 comments:

Im A Foto Nut said...

If you invest in a snow blower I will be your ranch hand. Is that the MT version of a pool boy? Hope so LOL

Wendy said...

I would so love a jacuzzi tub

Laura said...

I would be in a constant state of ~prune~ if I had one of those tubs. Aaaaaahhhhhh....The kids would love it, too.
And don't feel bad..I am queen of the snow shovel around here, too.
~L.

Marianna said...

*SNOW*??? What's that?!?!

HNT pics in the jacuzzi are sure to bring lots-o-comments! Great idea!

Hey, hope your nose is ok, missy.

M~

tim m said...

Leesa, great blog as always, just stopping in to say Hi an dwish you well, hope nose is okay, smiles from across the miles

Leesa said...

No snow blower :( But I only have to shovel the deck, so not too bad. I have someone who plows the driveway.
My nose is bruised a little...hurts more inside than out...I'll live :)
No photos. It has given me a headache though. Geesh, it would have been a better story if I'd had too much to drink or something, eh?

Nature Girl said...

sorry about your nose. I'm always tripping over my dog too. Whenever I have bruises that people ask about I always say "bar fight" anyone who knows me just howls with laughter...it's just a ridiculous thought given my nature. Anyway, Did you take the picture of the cats? That's too cool. I wanna be your ranch hand! LOL Stacie

Leesa said...

Yeah..I usually tell people the Hub did it...but some don't find that funny....lol
No..I WISH I took that cat pic!

Jaime said...

Funny... when I was scrolling down and saw the hottub picture, (before I read any posts - I'm way behind) I immediately thought "YIKES! Do they actually dare to go in there knowing that a bear might be stalking them?!". Talk about vulnerable!