Monday, October 3

Mood Lifting

When I was little, I used to believe in the concept of one best friend, and then I started to become a woman.
And then I found out that if you allow your heart to open up, God would show you the best in many friends. One friend is needed when you're going through things with your man.
Another friend is needed when you're going through things with your mom.Another when you want to shop, share, heal, hurt, joke, or just be. One friend will say let's pray together, another let's cry together, another let's fight together, another let's walk away together.
One friend will meet your spiritual need, another your shoe fetish, another your love for movies, another will be with you in your season of confusion, another will be your clarifier, another the wind beneath your wings.
But whatever their assignment in your life, on whatever the occasion, on whatever the day, or wherever you need them to meet you with their gym shoes on and hair pulled back, or to hold you back from making a complete fool of yourself ... those are your best friends.
It may all be wrapped up in one woman, but for many it's wrapped up in several...one from 7th grade, one from high school, several from the college years, a couple from old jobs, several from church, on some days your mother, on some days your neighbor, or others your sisters, and on some days your daughters.

**I received this today in an email from a friend. Even though I don't have that many friends, I do have a few that are important to me. And I would like to say that I've had many male friends too who have meant just as much.**

7 comments:

Robin Alexa said...

That is an awesome piece and very true!

What other things do you think you can get him to do while you are still unhappy with him? ;)

Leesa said...

Hmmm...now ya got me thinkin' girl :)

Marianna said...

Gawd, take a picture of THAT! HEYYYYYY!!! You should have had HIM wear the French Maid costume!!!

lol

Nice email you got there, Missy...

M~

Wendy said...

Very nice email Leesa. Would you mind forwarding those words to me? I can't copy from your blog and I'd like to send that to my girlfriend in Arizona. She's most of those things to me. We've been friends since we were 9. She moved from MA to AZ at the end of 10th grade. I thought my world would end. But, 31 years later and it's gotta be 3000 miles apart, we're still there for each other all the time. I'd like to send her this. And, though you say you've not many friends, if you have ONE good friend that you can always count on and go to, THAT is a blessing.

Wendy said...

ps - how'd you get hubby to clean? I need to learn that trick!

Leesa said...

Wendy--send me your email address and I'll forward that to you:)
I didn't ask him to clean..I'm sure he senses my mood. Most of it's not even his fault, I think he's just trying to help.

Redhead Editor said...

Oddly enough, my DH was oh so sweet and wonderful this weekend, doing things WITHOUT being asked, mowing (which he always does), cleaning, being attentive, grocery shopping. Glad you got your house cleaned! And glad the words touched you. I just love the circle of friends that we can call/write if/when we need a shoulder/a hug/a laugh.