Thursday, October 13

Tale of Two Bear


Once again I spoke too soon on bear happenings.

Last night I had two bear. One black and one red. I don't think the black one was Max because he seemed so.much.bigger.
I chased him off easily around 12-ish. About 4-ish the red one showed up. Again, chased off easily. Or so I thought.

You guys might remember the rubbermaid container on the porch that Max tried to chew through awhile back? This container holds bird seed, cat food, corn etc. They have been working on it the last few visits.

So, the Hub and I decided to move it off the porch. (Duh). We moved it into the fenced garden. This morning the garden is open and the top is ripped off of the container. Smooth off.
He didn't eat everything inside, but he sure made a mess. It's raining really hard right now or I would take pics for ya.

So, I guess I will be moving the surviving contents today.

Geesh.

10 comments:

Memphis said...

That has GOT to be a challenge, storing food for your animals with bears lurking around. I'm glad I don't have to deal with that. Of course, I have doped up neighbors and God only knows what they'll do from one day to the next, so maybe you're better off than I am?

shanley said...

bears, for real?

Leesa said...

It's a toss up. It is really cool to watch them and photograph them. I really think it's fascinating. BUT, they can also be a real pain and a little scary. You just have to learn to live with them :) I think I prefer them over some people.

Marianna said...

Have you always had a problem with them, or is this becoming more frequent?

M~

Leesa said...

They are always visitors..this year seems more intense for some reason.

Laura said...

They certainly are determined...
~L.

Wendy said...

I know it can be scary to have them, but I think you're really lucky to be able to see them up close. I think it's awesome.

Aisha T. said...

Leesa, your pics make me miss Montana. The bears can get pesky though.

Anonymous said...

Those damn bears really make you work, right?!? :)

Leesa said...

Yes, they are work somedays. They'll be gone soon...I hope.