Wednesday, November 23

'Twas The Night

'Twas the night of Thanksgiving, and I just couldn't sleep.
I tried counting backwards, I tried counting sheep.
The leftovers beckoned, the dark meat and white,
But I fought the temptation with all of my might.

Tossing and turning with anticipation,
The thought of a snack became infatuation.
So I raced to the kitchen, flung open the door,
And gazed at the fridge full of goodies galore.

I gobbled up turkey and buttered potatoes,
Pickles and carrots, beans and tomatoes.
I felt myself swelling so plump and so round,
Till all of a sudden, I rose off the ground!

I crashed through the ceiling.
Floating into the sky,
With a mouthful of pudding and a handful of pie.
But I managed to yell as I soared past the trees...

Happy eating to all! Pass the cranberries, please!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG I love that. lol That will be me tomorrow night trying to leave the leftovers alone lol.

Shephard said...

lol, thanks for the laugh. Where do you find these things? Happy T-day. ~S

Wendy said...

LOL! Perfect!

Nature Girl said...

Most Excellent! Love this poem! One of my alltime favorites in it's original form, great to have it for other holidays too! Stacie