Wednesday, November 9

Predators

Geesh, is anyone watching MSNBC this morning??

This story of predators on the internet is frightening.
This group gets online posing as children, usually in the 12-15 age range, in chat rooms, and attract many scary men. I'm not going to type it all since you can read about it at the two sites, but this is scary.
Watch your children on the internet.

11 comments:

Marianna said...

Last Friday nite, I watched them do the sting operation on Dateline NBC. It was horrific. I was actually sick to my stomach watching these disgusting men nearly do something horrible.

Parents need to watch their kids. These people are SICK!

M~

S said...

We have one computer in our home, it's in the living room/kitchen area. Our girl plays some fun games, but no chatting or surfing, and, when she's older, all the safety gadgets will go into place. We have also told her about the predator thing....

It is a disgusting thing....keep an eye on the kids, always!

Tammy said...

People suck.

Mama Duck said...

YES, YES, YES...I saw it on Friday night...I found myself frequently gasping and uttering "Oh my God!" I simply could NOT believe what I was seeing. I wrote a whole post on it, but haven't put it up yet.

Katya Coldheart said...

its a sad world, you can trust your kids all you want, its others that you have to keep a permanent watch on...another reason not to have kids...

:0)

Angela said...

It just makes me sick these ole nasty freakin prevs. I wish I could hang em all by there testies. Then hook jumper cables to their bells and give some excitement that way. GGRRR!!! sorry ya'll I REALLY have a prob with this. If I was a mom and had this happen to my child.....The law wouldn't have a chance to step in...I would have already takin care of the freak for em.

CozyMama said...

mine are not allowed on the internet.

Unknown said...

My kids don't go online yet but when they do you better believe they will be monitored.

Nature Girl said...

These people are real sickos! My oldest boy is almost 17 and he gets so mad at me because I am always monitoring. He feels like I don't trust him, but he doesn't understand it't the other freaks out there I don't trust. My rules are simple. I have complete access to all passwords and I monitor on a regular basis, if you don't like it you don't use it. I still don't let my 13 yr old use it unless for homework..he's way too trusting and gullible. thanks for the reminder Leesa! Stacie

Michael said...

That is disgusting stuff. It makes me so mad I don't even know what to say.

Take Care
Michael

SuburbanMom said...

That's scary. I don't think I even want to read it.