Sunday, November 20

Blither


Check out the purple sky from the other night. I kept forgetting that I took it. Pretty, eh?

We had dinner with neighbors last night, it was really nice. I know I've mentioned this many times, but it's just such a nice change to just hang out, have a few Heinekens (or wine for others) and talk. I miss talking sometimes. Which is funny since I hate being on the phone.

We had homemade tacos, even deep fried tortillas for taco shells. We played Yahtzee, which I haven't played in years and years. Another couple played darts. Nice music, No TV. It's such the simple life up here that it is refreshing. Even though I do complain about boredom alot. It is so wild to me that there are still families that play board games and kids that play outside.

I even know a few up here who don't have TV's or computers.....eeks can you imagine?? I would certainly lose my mind.
Actually up higher in the mountains there are families without power and running water. Eeks again.
I'll tell you now, we are not that mountain-like. Which I guess you figured out after you saw the truck we just bought :)

There is definitely a different mentality up here. Everyone wears guns or carries one somewhere, truck etc. I don't do either.
Many are not very clean, or have beards down to their chests.
Everyone has horses, cows and dogs. All dogs ride with the owners everywhere, and usually in the back of a pick-up, which I hate. Of course, that gives Hub more business.
All the women have long straight hair. Which makes more sense to me now, since there are no hair salons around. Or, not any I would go to. That's why my hair has gotten so long.
When in Rome I guess.
I won't be growing a beard or stop bathing though. No worries:)

8 comments:

Nature Girl said...

UGH! I could do without the Mountain man beards! But everything else sounds like heaven! I love playing board games with the family...it's alot of fun, but we don't do it enough in my opinion! Have been meaning to ask you..you don't talk much about riding your horses...are they pets only or do you ride as well? Just curious. I have always wanted a horse. Stacie
ps..beautiful pic as always...and love the new ones of the birds on your other page.

Leesa said...

Yeah, the beards aren't very attractive, but I guess it keeps their faces warm!
My hub rides the horses, actually just one, the other horse which is really mine is not even 2 yet, but she will be ready soon. At the moment we don't have two we can ride together. We have been looking into getting a couple of more though.
Thanks on the photos :)

Unknown said...

Sounds like fun, I haven't played yahtzee in years either. Hubs doesn't like to play board games grrrrr, i have a whole closet full of them just waiting for my kids to age and play with me lol.

CheekyMoo said...

This sounds like such a nice life Leesa. I really envy you for this. The solitude is something I crave. I love Yahtzee too. We usually play board games one night a week. I'm not much of a TV watcher. As long as I had the computer and books I'd be fine. Glad you had such a nice time.

Marianna said...

ROME! I just watched the season finale ~ it was AWESOME! Sorry, I got distracted... lol.

Ok, explain this to me. It's friggin COLD up there. How do the folks without electricity or running water function? I can't believe there's people in our country that have no electricity... kinda crazy!

The other day, I saw someone in a truck with his 2 doggies riding on the TOP of his tool box! On the highway! I was stunned! I wanted to call 911, but he exited about the time I realized that his dogs were on top of the tool box going 70mph.

When I go to Andy's, we play board games ~ we have a good time. Definitely beats watching TV all the time.

M~

Anonymous said...

Sounds nice. It's hard to imagine that somewhere life is a little more simple. Hmm. Sounds really nice. :)

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

It really sounds lovely, Leesa...except for that cold weather! That's the only thing I'm not sure I could get used to.

As for all that peace and quiet??? Yeah, I could use a MEGA DOSE of that! ;)

Michael said...

Love the picture and thanks for the laugh!

Take Care
Michael