I had the strangest dream last night. I won't go into every detail, but it did involve animals in my yard. YES, I know that is normal around here, but some were odd animals and they all wanted in the house. In my dream I was afraid that the alligator was going to hurt the dog, and the dog was growling at the lizard. I got the bear to go away by giving him a toy.
Anyway, I went to Dreammoods just to see what the animals meant. I don't usually look up my dreams, but it is interesting that there is a fact in each of these descriptions that fits me perfectly in my life today.
Alligator:
To see an alligator in your dream, symbolizes treachery, deceit, and hidden instincts. It may be a signal for you to take a new perspective on a situation. It may also represent your ability to move between the material world of waking life and the emotional, repressed world of the unconscious. Alternatively, the alligator represents healing powers and qualities.
Lizard:
To see a lizard in your dream, signifies your primal instincts and reactions toward sex, food, etc. and your anxieties toward these feelings. The lizard can also be representative of a person who you view as cold-blooded, fearful, or thick-skinned. On a more positive note, the lizard also symbolizes emerging creativity, renewal, and revitalization. It may also suggest that you are well-grounded.
Bear:
To dream that you are being pursued or attacked by a bear, denotes aggression, overwhelming obstacles and competition. You may find yourself in a threatening situation. Alternatively, bears symbolize the cycle of life and death and renewal. It may signal of period of introspection and thinking. The dream may also be a pun on "bare". Perhaps you need to bare your soul and let everything out into the open.
Dog:
To see a dog in your dream, indicates a skill that you have ignored or forgotten, but needs to be activated. Alternatively, dogs may symbolize intuition, loyalty, generosity, protection, and fidelity. Your own values and intentions will enable you to go forward in the world and succeed. If the dog is vicious and/or growling, then it signifies some inner conflict within yourself. It may indicate betrayal and untrustworthiness. If the dog is dead or dying, then it indicates a loss of a good friend. Alternatively, it represents a deterioration of your instincts.
5 comments:
I'm not sure that I believe in dream interpretation based on other people's translations of your symbols. They mean what you want them to mean.
How did you feel in the dream is of more importance.
Hope you are doing well.
Take Care
Michael
The animals in your dream were pretty intense, sounds like.
I love dreammoods. It's usually how I'm feeling too, and how the dream gets interpreted thru there.
M~
I too drempt of animals in my yard!!!!! what the heck???? Only I had girraffes...big and little. I figured it was because I'm moving me and the kids, and with as much work as it is, it seems like we're moving to Africa!
Very interesting interpretations on the animals. You've inspired me to share something about dreams in my bloggy. I love reading stuff like that. ~S
I love dream interpretation sites. I read them all the time just to find out how crazy I really am.
Post a Comment