
This is Wolf. Wolf has been causing me great stress the last month or so. Wolf is part of the same litter as Moose & Grizzly and two others. Did I tell ya the story how I got the litter of kittens? Eh.. It would take too long now. Lets just say I wound up with a pregnant cat, in the middle of winter, and I kept the litter. Come to find out, the cat belonged to someone. So... she went home, sans kittens.
She was a mean cat, so she rarely let me near the kittens. Sooo, these cats are a bit skittish.
Moose and Grizzly aren't as skittish and usually sleep with me. Wolf slept with me also, but he had his moments. About a month ago, he found a hole in the cat pen and got out. I have not been able to catch him since. I've felt bad for him because he's always been indoors and now he's dealing with outdoors 24 hours a day, and it's freezing. BUT... the goofy cat won't let me catch him. Ugh. (Remember the Spook story?)
So anyway... I've been setting up the cat trap (humane, of course) for him during the day, trying to catch him.
Of course you know how this works out. I've caught EVERY one of my other cats. He avoids it. How is that? Do you know how frustrating that is? If you don't know the Spook story, It went the same way. I watched Spook enter and exit the trap many times never setting it off. I seriously thought I was going to cry. But that's another post.
He will come close, and even talk to me.... but no way is he within arms reach.
I can't leave the trap at night for a couple of reasons. I don't want to catch a raccoon, and I can't leave the cat just sitting there overnight.
What's extremely frustrating to me though is the fact that this cat won't come to me. I've raised it since a kitten. I've fed and provided a pretty awesome home, and, he runs from me! Ugh.
So... the cat lives outside now. Isn't that crazy? It drives me nuts.
A cat that won't come to me. Can you imagine?
Ok...rant over.
11 comments:
Oh I would be soooo frustrated! He sure is a pretty cat! Good luck!!
Stacie
that pic is so adorable! Hope things get better and frustration lessens...
Would he come to you for some very pungent catnip? But...now that I think of it, he would probably see through your plot and plan his own very clever escape route! I hope you catch him soon, and by the way he is absolutely gorgeous!
Cheers,
Lea
There are some strange cats in this world. And they are so DEFINITELY born with distinct personalities. I'd say yours was born with that "I vant to be alone" thing. Who could resist you unless they were born 'not right'? That's my thinking, anyway.
Holy crap ~ that's the longest spam I've ever seen.
I don't know much about luring them in, but would what Silver said, work? Or some treats or something? I'm sure you've already done all that, but dang, that would frustrate me too! I hope he comes in soon, especially since it's getting so cold up there now.
M~
Holy crap!!! What long spam!!!
Leesa ... just keep trying. Not sure if you can gather up the other kitties on days you're working on catching him, so they wont' go in the trap. Catnip is good, or fish oil, or tuna juice, etc. Boy, he looks like he has Siamese in him. Does he "yowl"!?
Word verify and that spamster got in and left that. grrrrrrr
Anyway can you bait the cat with people food? We used to lay a hamburger out and see if the cat would come up to us to get it and then in terms of the cat we would pounce lol. Cats fought at first but then they knew we weren't going to hurt them so they weren't as bad.
Why, hello spammers!!!
When I was 12 or so, we had a cat who just took off for 3 or so months. She had always been allowed outside, but one day she decided she didn't want to come inside.
When it got cold enough, she came home. It was weird though because during that entire 3 months (the summer) she lived in the field near our house and wouldn't let us anywhere near her. After that, she never took off again. Was she sick? Wash she just off her rocker for a bit? She had always been skittish, but that behavious was just odd.
See? I'm trying to match the length of the spam. Am I close?? ;)
Wow...the spam is getting past word verification now. Yay.
I have tried Tuna, that's what's in the trap. Catnip too.
Still working on it though!
Thanks!
I haven't had any spam in a while even without any word verification.
I've probably jinxed myself now though. ;)
That cat looks very strong willed. Very smart. Hmmm...I think it might take some sort of irresistable food.
That would be very upsetting. I can't imagine.
Maybe get one of the nooses on a pole, and make him think it's a toy.. he can chase the noose a bit, then get it around his neck.
~S
Post a Comment