
I went to sleep early last night.
Well, early for me anyway. I was sleeping well. I was even dreaming I think.
Then, around 6am, the phone rings.
As a lot of you know, I rarely answer my phone. If I don't know exactly who it is, (thank you, caller i.d.) I don't answer it.
If it says "unavailable", "blocked caller", "private caller" or "unknown caller".. they're on their own.
I especially love the one that says "telemarketer". Oh yeah.. let me run and trip over a few cats to get that one.
I will, however, usually answer local calls since they are usually looking for the vet. I hate to leave them hanging, especially if it's an odd hour. I see if I can help, or send them on their way.
This morning, I sent them on their way.
I have been fooled before by a local "wireless caller". Turns out, telemarketers can now get away with this. I really love when their message makes it sounds like they are old friends just wanting us to call them back. Have you gotten these?
Oh well, that's what voicemail is for right?
I didn't get back to sleep.
7 comments:
ooooooh! That would really burn my buns Leesa! Especially if it was a teleflippinmarketer at 6AM! I'm mad FOR you!
Stacie
As Margo Timmins of Cowboy Junkies sings, "Telephones ringing, but I don't answer it
cause everybody knows that good news always sleeps till noon."
Maybe it was the mother of the turkey asking for a reprieve?
LOL
have a GREAT day
When are they gonna come up with a phone with a "LeaveMeTheHellAlone" timer on it? So it won't ring at all. Like we're not home. Really. Not just ignoring your call, but ignoring all calls?
Huh? when are they gonna do that? We got cars that can park themselves now, WTF?
We gave up our land lines when we both got cell phones. Now we don't get telemarketing calls but I still don't answer "unknown callers".
Love the new header!
I hope you have a nice Thanksgiving, Leesa!
I don't have a caller ID thing... Opie hates them. I just take my chances and answer the phone. Some days though... I will just let it ring. Some days I am just not in the mood to talk to people.
I still don't see the banner at the top... nothing there but whiteness...
"Oh yeah.. let me run and trip over a few cats to get that one."
OMG I laughed at that!
M~
Post a Comment