Tuesday, November 21

Wildlife




Not much new happening around here.

I had a neighbor call last night to let me know there's a mountain lion hanging out, and had attacked a neighbors dog.
The dog's in the hospital, tail ripped right off. I guess he's going to be ok though.

From what I've heard, they become territorial but do so in a 12 day rotation. Brock and Taylor have both been escaping from the yard lately, so I've had to secure them to the yard.

We're expecting snow the next couple of days.
Thanksgiving will be quiet around here. I haven't decided whether I should head to town and buy real food for Thursday, or just treat it like any other day.
I remember back in my single days, when I would spend the holidays alone, I would buy a chicken and some special side dish and watch holiday specials. Sharing some of the chicken with my cat. (CAT..one cat). I'm not sure that would be a good idea now :)

I had evidence last night that made me think bear, but I really think they've retired for the season. Maybe raccoons are just getting a little more adventurous. I did get to walk along the driveway and pick up trash though. Always a fun thing to do first thing in the morning.

Maybe I should get one of those shoulder bags and a poker stick :)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how I'd love to see one of those. Great photo. How far away was he?

Osbasso said...

That invite is still open...

Marianna said...

Yeah, you could also fly to TX!

;)

HAHA! Can you take a pic of you with the shoulder bag & stick??

:P
M~

Anonymous said...

I have heard the Big Cats are coming down closer to civilization. Keep the dogs safe...

a shoulder bag and poker stick would be fun to have....
(well at least for the first few hours...) :o)

Nature Girl said...

grinning at the mental image of you with shoulder bag and poker stick. Too funny. I've often thought if I had such an apparatus, I'd spend many an hour cleaning up a few streets around here, but the reality is, I'd get sick of that real quick! LOL
Sending safe vibes for you and the pups against the Mt Lion..I sure would love to see one in the wild though..from a distance of course!
Stacie

Anonymous said...

I'm assuming that's not your pic. I remember you saying that was one thing you hadn't got a pic of. Make sure if you see him, you have that camera of yours....

Leesa said...

I didn't take this shot...If I had you would see LOTS of them!!
I will keep my camera close by though :)

Moosekahl said...

Mom and dad have a group of about 4 bob cats running around the yard the other day within a few feet of the house. Always a good time :)

Redhead Editor said...

Come on. Produce a picture of you with the bag and stick. Gobble Gobble!

Anonymous said...

First you take a stick, stick it in the trash..
Boom Boom
Then you take the trash, put it in the bag..
Boom Boom

Do you remember that cartoon??? It was a bear!
~L.

Irish Church Lady :) said...

Mountain lions cover their territory in a twelve day rotation?

What about holidays? Do they take those off? ha ha I'd love to see their calendar!!