Thursday, November 16

13














Thirteen Sounds at Two A.M.

1. X-Files is on in the background. A story of people selling organs and body parts for money.
2. Brock snoring. Easily remedied by throwing of some object.
3. Critter knocks his toy mouse down the stairs..step-by-step.. and then brings it back upstairs and starts again. Clunk. Clunk. Clunk. Clunk... well you get the picture. He'll repeat this many times.
4. Raccoons outside into some kind of mischief.
5. The dogs wake and bark.
6. Sinclair and Trout are wrestling in the kitchen.
7. The sliding of furry feet on the wood floors.
8. The winds have started up again, the house cracks.
9. The low chime of a friend chatting in instant messaging.
10. Grizzly purring next to me as he sleeps.
11. The sound of carbonation fizzing in my diet coke.
12. The light hum of the hot tub filter outside.
13. Clunk. Crack. Fizz. Purr. Ruff. Meow. Sliiiiiiide. Whirl. Snore. Ding. Clatter. Clank. Grrrr. & Scully?

Sleep? Are you serious?

10 comments:

Marianna said...

LOL! What do you have in that diet coke?!?!

Sleep, my pretty... sleep...

M~

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Do you EVER sleep? :)

Unknown said...

LOL at Marianna...that was a good one!!

Troubador said...

Item 13 sounds like the names of your next 13 kittens....

Anonymous said...

I'm with Stacey, when do you ever sleep?

Rick said...

Clunk. Crack. Fizz. Purr. Ruff. Meow. Sliiiiiiide. Whirl. Snore. Ding. Clatter. Clank. Grrrr. & Scully?

I know this tune, but the name escapes me. And now I've got the damn thing stuck in my head. Thanks. Thanks a lot.

Anonymous said...

it's funny what you actually hear when it is so quiet.....

I think you should sleep when the kitties do... :o)

Nature Girl said...

ROFL! How can you watch X-files that late at night and alone? That show freaks me out every time I watch it. I like it every now and again, but I have to follow up with something comedy like Seinfeld or Are You Being Served or I will have nightmares.

Stacie

Shephard said...

I'm with Stacie... I can't watch anything like that anywhere near bedtime, and if that's the episode I think it is, definitely not THAT one! lol

Sinclair and Trout were made for each other, I'm thinking. And Critter's primitive slinky cracks me up. The only things that ever bounce down our stairs are Oboe and Golly (in one furry ball).
~S

Haleigh Anne said...

Cute list. Well...maybe not so cute at 2AM. :)