
We almost bought This house. I was absolutely in love with it. Scroll down for photos of the inside. Third photo down on the right, if you can see that black square in the cabinets? That was a built in wine fridge. Yeah I know I don't drink wine usually.. but still, how cool is that?
We would have had this house if the owner hadn't backed out. Which is interesting that I see it up now. That house was me.
I wanted to show you pics of the house we did buy, but all I have are film pics and I don't have a decent scanner.
It had the wood floors, tin ceilings and the claw foot tubs. It was built like in 1890 or something and was actually on the Fort Worth Historical Tour at one time. Two-story-Four-Square house I think is what it was called. I liked it, but it was way.too.big for two people. And.. it had ghosts :) (not that I mind ghosts btw)
I liked Fort Worth, even though I wouldn't move back. I certainly don't miss Texas heat. blah. I'd like to go back to the Stockyards now with my camera. Wild to think I lived 10 minutes away and didn't have the photographic interests I do today. I also lived within walking distance of the zoo.. and rarely took advantage of it. I'll have to go back soon.
Dallas had the Main Street Arts Festival.... another reason to go back for a visit someday. Plus..duh.. I have a few friends there ;)
Why memory lane today? I don't know. Hubs was looking at real estate, and I started wondering around then wondered if our old big house was up for sale again.
It snowed again last night. I love to sit in a dark room with just the outside porch light on and watch it fall. I even walked outside and just stood in it for awhile. The silence of snowfall is amazing. I wasn't alone for long as most of the cats had to be nosy and see what I was up to.
You can definitely tell winter is here. Well besides the snow I mean. The bear are gone, the bucks are everywhere, burning wood piles and the smell of burning wood stoves everywhere.
And the house is so dry it's time for the humidifier.
I love this time of year :)
12 comments:
I would love to own an old home.
And I love the smell of burning wood, as long as it is in a fireplace and not 100 acres of forest.
#200,000 for a bungalow???
Oy. Here, it would start at $535,000 depending on the area.
It has a great porch! Love that. AND, that looks like an authentic Clay Craft fireplace! (we have one). What a great house. There are tons of houses like this in LA area in some great neighborhoods.
~S :)
Duh ~ yes, you do have some friends down here.
;)
It was actually cold enough for the heater this morning here! I'm thinking I might turn it on for a little bit more. Just a chill in the air, even though it's gonna warm up to near 70 here.
Love that house & the wrap around porch, for sure!
M~
I am drooling over that house. I would love to live there. Too bad it's in Ft. Worth. I work in downtown Dallas...so, it would be quite a drive.
Your post made me think of this silly article.
Essential Tools for Hunting Ghosts
http://www.americaninventorspot.com/hunting_ghosts
I so love the silence and feeling of peacefulness in a snow fall. Even in a big city.... we can still experience it.
Beautiful house.... gorgeous interior.
I love winter too
It's always confusing to me when one of you Leesa's comments on the other Leesa's blog because the photos don't show up until I click "Post A Comment".
I wish I could come up and sit and watch it snow with you. I mean, aside from just wanting to meet you I think I could use the destressing. Plus, the bears are gone.
Beautiful description Leesa... almost feel like I'm there standing in the snow with you... listening to the cats say "hey, what's going on?"
I go poking around for real estate myself, once in a while. I'm usually looking for a cabin... just like yours. ;-)
Ironic you mentioned Ft Worth zoo as I had just mentioned it in my comment on Lee Anns blog haha. It truly is an amazing zoo. Hope you are doing well.
Very cute house but I like your house in the mountains lol
That was a great house but I would much rather sit in your current house and watch the snow fall too...I'm such a winter freak and to be back in the mountains this time of year is always therapeutic for me...maybe I'll come for a visit :)
Post a Comment