Saturday, November 25

Scavenger Hunt : Time















I had to think for a while on the subject of "Time".
I came up with this.
"Time" stands still here. This is a small town. We don't have fast food, or banks, or convenience stores. You rarely see a new car, or hear loud music.
We are not fast paced. You can't see a movie or go to a bar or club.
People take walks here, ride horses and watch the moonrise.

Time is still. Paused. Slow. You learn to appreciate the nature around you. You hear the sounds you wouldn't normally hear. You see the stars you wouldn't normally notice. You have time to think. Time to stop and listen. Did you know you can actually hear snow hit the ground? You can.

Of course there's a different view to this. Time moves so slow you miss things. You sometimes miss fast food and movie theatres. You miss food delivery and the convenience of one stop shopping.

It's all relevent. It's how you use it. It's how you appreciate it.

It's all about Time.

32 comments:

Peruby said...

Simply beautiful post. And the photos ain't half bad, either! ;)

Osbasso said...

Well, heck--you said that well!

Anne S said...

The photo is a beauty, but the text of your post is breathtaking ... and spot on! :D

-tnchick- said...

Just beautiful. No fast food, etc here where I am either- However, I think you're futher "out" than I am... as town is only about 10-15 minutes away.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture and beautiful words! :)

Mine's up too!

Tracy S said...

Breathtaking... I would so LOVE to move there. I miss living in the country. In the middle of nowheresville...surrounded by such beauty. I love this picture also because I miss the snow ;(

Happy Hunting, Thanks for sharing!!

Stormii

eph2810 said...

You have always incredible pictures. Thank you for sharing them with us.

I could live without a fast food place, but not so sure without a bank or store :). But then again - I do most of my banking online anyway...

Happy Saturday.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I wish I had time to enjoy that...

Anonymous said...

Wow - so beautifully said and a great photo.

srp said...

Beautiful picture here and below.
I miss snow. Even flurries are an event here in Virginia Beach.
Mine is up too.

Anonymous said...

Leesa I envy you and your step out of time living! Must be wonderful! Your photo is beautiful!
My photo is up. Happy Saturday!

Anonymous said...

Oh that is such a beautiful picture.

Mine is up too, have a wonderful weekend.

Marianna said...

I would give up my lifestyle here in a heartbeat to be in a place like that. Modern conveniences are still available if you have the internet & wheels to be able to drive to other towns if needed.

It's so beautiful up there.

M~

Kim from Hiraeth said...

Another fantastic picture and another great take on the theme. The words are as compelling as the photo!

Mine's Up!

Anonymous said...

Very well said! And the photos are stunning. Thanks for sharing your piece of the world with us. :-)

Melli said...

Beautiful photo... excellent essay! And true of everything in life. It's all a matter of how you "appreciate" it. (and sometimes I have a greater appreciation for country life ... and sometimes a little lesser!) I am not AS far out in the boonies as you are though. We DO have a movie theater -- 13 miles away.

Deb @ Sugarfused said...

Leesa, thanks for such a thoughtful post this morning! And look at all this snow you have...wow!!

Irish Church Lady :) said...

Very nice interpretation and post!

I think I would love being where you are as long as I had internet service lol!

Great dump of snow it looks like you got there! Enjoy!

Unknown said...

Any houses for sale over there? Sounds like my kind of town lol

Unknown said...

Fantastic photo with a very well done post. I used to live in a small town like that, thank you for bringing back the memories and I agree...you can hear the snow fall...

Anonymous said...

Stunning photo. I have to head to Big Bad Denver tomorrow dreading it!

someone else said...

It sounds like a wonderful place and the photo is breathtaking!

LibertyBelle said...

Time standing still seems to be a wishful thought of not growing older!
A beautiful photo - I love snow and can't wait for it to come.
Good choice!
Happy Saturday!
Mine's up too!

Teena in Toronto said...

Gorgeous pic! I'm not ready for snow yet, though.

Mine's up :)

Frances D said...

Sounds like a person could do some real writing in an environment like that.
Most people talk of sunrises - I love to watch the moon come out myself.
Thanks for sharing,
Frances

Nature Girl said...

Excellent post Leesa! I LOVE to listen to the snow fall.
Stacie

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture! It almost makes me miss snow while I listen to the tropical birds of Malaysia outside my balcony...

Unknown said...

i guess it does liike that, and feels so slow! Oh I just love your dog pic below! how adorable! thanks for visiting.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely post. It does seem like time stands still when you describe it like that.

Anonymous said...

there are many many times when i think i'd really like that...

Beautiful picture!

Anonymous said...

I'm late getting to these... great post and a beautiful picture.. You are liking that lens aren't you???

Anonymous said...

omg, that's simply amazing! i just hope i can experience snow. i've never held snow in my life before, unless you count shaved ice from the ice cream shop haha mine's up at http://shadesofblack.acidhost.net/2006/11/74
i enjoyed your photo!