
As some of you know, I don't check my mail on a daily basis. Our mailbox is just about a half mile from the house, so I let it build up sometimes for a couple of days and then pick it up.
I have been very lucky that my mailbox hasn't been full of mail when the mailbox hoodlums come to play.
That is until Saturday night.
On a very rainy Sunday morning we went down to check the mail to find the mailboxes destroyed and our mail all over the road. Nice.
We couldn't even find one of our neighbors mailboxes, who knew where it went.
So, anyway, we pick up our wet soggy mail. This is nothing new, just the first time it had mail in it.
So... the last two days I've been trying to remember to run down and get the mail before I go to bed.
So tonight, I had already crawled into bed and was quite comfy when I remembered the mail. It was also pretty late. So, of course, I was thinking of reasons not to go.
"Oh what are the chances they'll come again so soon?"
"It's not raining, it should be fine"
"It's just bills..who cares??" :P
But, something in me told me to get up and go get the mail.
Thank goodness I did.
Brocks ashes were in there.
The company had mailed him to me since it was too hard to go pick him up. In the box was this pretty box with his name on it and his collar :(
My heart sank thinking I may have left him in there overnight and it's possible that it could have been destroyed. Ugh.
It's one of those times you're glad you listened to that little voice.
10 comments:
I've got tears in my eyes right now... I'm so glad you went down there...
M~
I'm glad you went down there and always listen to that little voice it knows what its talkin about
Oh God...I am SO GLAD you listened to that little voice too. That would've been HORRIBLE had you lost those to the mailbox hoodlums.
I always listen to my "little voices" or "my heart" . . . it's normally correct. I am glad those are safe and sound inside . . . .
Good work on your part. What's next?
It always pays to listen to that voice..every single time I told that voice to shut it, I got burned. Every time! So glad you checked it Leesa!
If I ever come to visit you, I'm going to build you an indestructable mailbox. Of course you realize, I'll have to stay until the theory of indestructability has been proven....
;P
Stacie
Oh Leesa! I'm glad you listened to the little voice! I've never understood what people get out of destroying mailboxes.
Those little voices are always right!
what a sad but nice mail box delivery!
Oh wow, I am so glad you checked the mail. That would have been terrible! I am picking my baby's ashes up tonight.
Can't believe anyone gets their jollies damaging people's mailboxes.
Just weird.
~S
Post a Comment