Thursday, March 15

The Lion Sleeps Tonight



I've figured out that my body is accepting just snippets of sleep lately. An hour here, an hour there. Sometimes even a half hour will do. It seems when this happens, I awake almost refreshed. Not that that lasts, but it seems satisfied anyway.
I read up on insomnia tonight, as I have before. I have all the signs and symptoms. I read all of the recommendations and have even tried some. I read some tonight I might give a try.
I don't drink half the caffeine I used too.
I do drink alcohol sometimes, but not everyday.
I have sleeping pills, which sometimes take the exact opposite effect.
I have the "white noise" which I already know I need. I can't sleep in complete silence. My mind still just races.
I've tried sleepy teas.
I don't exercise before I go to bed. Even though, they do recommend exercise which I've been meaning to get back to doing.
Do I worry and think too much? Of course.

There are many recommendations for sleep and many reasons why I may not be sleeping listed on these sites.
And a lot of their signs are right on. I'm not going to list them all here, I've posted them before. But it makes sense and I just need to do something about it. Without prescription medications if I can.

I do have a list a natural remedies to try, but it's hard to get to the right store for these items, but I'm going to try. Maybe I should look online.

People always joke that I must be part cat, or have been a cat in a previous life.
Heh.. I WISH I had half the sleep in me that these cats do.

6 comments:

Marianna said...

I overslept this morning. I wish I could sleep a little LESS than I do!

M~

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

At one point in my life, I had insomnia...so I started taking Melatonin. It worked...but it gave me the WEIRDEST dreams I've ever had, so I quit taking it. They say your body can become dependant on Melatonin too...because your body is supposed to make it naturally...and when you take the pills, it stops making it for you.

The best thing I've found lately? Sleepytime tea. That and the fact that I get up at 4:45 every morning and don't slow down until around 8:00-9:00 at night...by the time 9:30 comes around, my ass is SERIOUSLY dragging.

Nature Girl said...

Two peas in a pod, Leesa, Two Peas in a pod!
Stacie

Osbasso said...

This is beginning to cause some concern, little missy...

janet copenhaver said...

Cute kitty. I have sleep problems as well.
I take a little green and white pill, no problems.

Moosekahl said...

The one night Regg just stared at me as I laid there wide awake. When you figure out the trick, please let me know. I have tried all of the above too and might white noise is the cat's snoring :)