
This is Grizzly. He's my sickest patient at the moment. As I mentioned in a previous post, he has odd symptoms and we can't quite narrow down what's wrong.
He has a bit of an upper respiratory problem, but that I can treat. He's keeping only half his food down. That too I can treat. He's a bit feverish and lethargic. Treatable.
But the odd thing is his eyes.
His third eyelids stay halfway up his eyes permanently right now. (If you have pets, you'll most likely know what this is)
He's not dehydrated, his eyes aren't leaking anything. Normally you would see this in a sedated animal, which of course he's not.
I also have two outdoor cats with this same issue. It's confusing to say the least. I have several indoors and a few outdoors, why only these three?
Hubs investigated and checked around at work, but no one could really tell me anything. So, I emailed a veterinary opthalmologist we used to work with. We'll see what he says :)
I have to laugh sometimes that I live with a board certified veterinary specialist and he shrugs his shoulders at some of my animal problems :P
So.. that is mainly what I'm dealing with here. Oh and just to clarify, my pets are not sick from the tainted food. They only eat dry food and that was not affected as far as I know.
As for the weekend?
It stayed wet and grey. Snow/sleet/rain most of today and everything is still flooded.
I actually have a small lake in my front yard, where I had a pair of Mallards and a pair of Wood Ducks playing today. I tried to get photos, but with the wind and sleet, I didn't stay out too long. The geese have made house here I guess, they are here everyday now :)
I can't seem to tell lately from day to day what the weather is going to be, but I'm hoping to get out on a nice day and get some scenery shots a little more west of here.
Stay tuned :)
7 comments:
Oh, I hope your kitties are feeling better soon.
I've been very glad recently that mine refuse to eat wet food.
poor kitty I hope you get them all well
I hope you can get answers about Grizzly & the other 2... poor babies!
Sleet. LOL It's 75 today here.
M~
Yike Lees, you certainly have your hands full! I'm glad they aren't sick with the tainted food thing, I think I misread your previous post about that. I know what you mean about living with someone who's certfied and can't fix the probs, I feel the same way about DH who's a certified electrician but can't fix my dang lightswitch!
Men! who can figure them out???
good luck over there, I'll be lookin for those scenery pix!
Stacie
Do these 3 cats interact with each other more than the other cats? Could they have been exposed to something either allergic or perhaps something now exposed from the melting snow?
Sorry to hear that they are feeling well
Actually, these three cats have little or no contact with each other.
That's why this is confusing. And, Grizzly doesn't go outside.
Leesa, holding your kitties in my thoughts.
~S
Post a Comment