Tuesday, March 13

Fever

I decided to stay home today, for two reasons... I was up until almost 5am....I know, don't ask. And, it's just gorgeous outside. I wanted to enjoy this sunny warm day while I had it.
The idea of sitting in my car an hour each way, walking around stores and crowds just didn't do it for me.

The runoff from snow has overflowed the creek so you can hear it rushing by. There's a slight breeze, which can be chilly, but makes the day even more springy-like. 65 degrees and few clouds...nice :)



I spent a large part of the morning doing things outside. The cats were very happy to be in the sun, and also very helpful. I picked up a lot of stuff in the yard that seems to disappear under the snow. I also located many of Brock's outside toys, that was kind of a bummer :(



I had to break up a bunch of hay today (fun), and so much nicer to do it in sun with dry ground. Me and my friend the pitchfork spent some time together. The horses were also very helpful. They don't seem to mind getting their noses stuck with the pitchfork either. Not too bright.



I did walk around the property some, but with the brown and wet and yuck, just not many pretty photos to be had right now. The pond, although melting, is still covered in ice, and there's just not much green yet.



Otis, as usual, follows me around while I do these things, rolling around and wanting attention. I decided, as you can see, to go for the up the nose shots on the animals. And yes, I laid on the ground for some of these. Wow..what I'll do for my friends ;)
Look at the great sky above him!



Tweet really didn't care what I was doing. He found himself a nice warm spot and took a nap.

I had a lot of stuff to talk about between 4 and 5am, but I couldn't decide whether I was writing to write, or if I was writing because I was delirious at that hour.
I decided blogging-while-delirious wasn't an option so decided against it.
I still might write about it later. But for now, I think I'll enjoy the rest of daylight while I have it :)

6 comments:

Osbasso said...

Delirious blogging can sometimes be humorous--sorta like drunk blogging. Hope you'll do it the next time it happens!

Laurie and Chris said...

I would have stayed home too! The sun was so nice to seeand feel. I think they are teasing us!!

Marianna said...

I think it was actually warmer there than it was here today. It started warming up a bit during the morning, but then it got chilly & downpouring rain.

I'm glad you had such a wonderful day ~ the pic of Otis is my fave ~ and that big ass horse nostril. LOL

M~

Nature Girl said...

I'm loving the fun angle of all these shots today Leesa! Is your cat crosseyed? I don't remember Tweet....hes a cutie too!
Stacie

Dee said...

Great shots.

Shephard said...

I love the blue skies behind Otis and Spaz. Spaz is a great name for a cat. I like that.
(new photo of Golly on my photoblog... it's a good one!)
~S