Sunday, March 11

Feelin Lucky, Punk?



Each weekend that the hubs is home, it turns into guy-movie weekend. Since he isn't home much, I reluctantly go along with it. I can usually tune it out by playing here, or chatting with a friend. I don't dare turn on a chick flick..heh.

Now, I can handle some of them. I like The Bourne Identity & Supremecy, and I even liked The Rock the other night.
But..
If I have to sit through Die Hard, National Treasure, Cliffhanger, ANY John Wayne movie, Tombstone, The Unforgiven, Wyatt Earp, Lethal Weapon, Goodfellas, Terminator, Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Untouchables or any of the numerous war movies, I'm going to implode.

Now.. I'm not saying I didn't like some of these movies the first FIVE times I saw them, but seriously.. it's gettin old.

I'm watching You've Got Mail right now just to push out all the testosterone I've endured this weekend.
Ok ok.. so I won't go into how many times I've seen some of my chick flicks, but that's different :P

Oh and the wildest thing. Last night I was watching The Towering Inferno and I dozed for a few minutes. When I woke up, it was an HOUR later! And, the movie was still about in the same spot as when I dozed.

Imagine that ;)

9 comments:

Moosekahl said...

I'm with ya..I like the Bourne movies and I must admit, I do actually like the Die Hard series (there is a new one coming out!) but hours on end of guy movies doesn't get you anywhere...I've snoozed through a few myself!

Think I'm going to put in Edward Scissorhands when I get home from my massage! :)

Nature Girl said...

Oh Man! I could watch movies with your hubs all weekend long! My DH feels pretty much the same about my westerns as you do! LOL...though I am not a fan of the Terminator, any spy,war,military, or mob movies AT ALL, I could watch westerns forever, over and over and over.
Stacie

Unknown said...

Leesa, even John Wayne's "Quiet Man"?

Well, in all honesty, Maureen really makes the movie...and Barry Fitzgerald of course.
But I can totally relate. Bill really wants me to watch "Layer Cake" and I just don't have the stomach for it.

♥Pam

Marianna said...

I love National Treasure & Tombstone! The rest? Noooope!

M~

LarryLilly said...

My wive gets glazed over eyes when I dig out my Blues Brothers movie. The scenes at the school are priceless if you ever went to Catholic school in a city. She didnt play it up enough, I mean, she only had the door close slowly. At my school, that door shut so hard, the hinges came loose.

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Oooo...I'm a huge fan of Bruce Willis (he's hot, bald or not!) and I'm one that can watch Die Hard over and over and over again. Plus the first one has Alan Rickman in it and I ADORE him!!!

The only movies The PK watches that I'm not a big fan of is the old Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns...and some of the john Wayne ones. Sorry...but they kind of bore me.

Unknown said...

You've Got Mail is video valium

~grey said...

I love You've got mail!!!

I won't watch those other movies... to scary for me. I hate the drama and suspense. I use to watch them... but can't handle things blowing up now. Thank goodness Opie doesn't like to watch movies more then once.

Shephard said...

I don't think you're wondering what my feelings about those movies are. lol I'd be bored.
~S