
Heat wave today, I think it's up to 50 degrees. It feels great, even though I wish sun were with it.
A lot of the snow is slowly melting away.
I walked around the property some this morning, checked on the thawing pond, making sure the dam was holding up. Our front yard is like a swamp at the moment, you practically need rubber boots to walk around.
It's weird to walk around a yard that's part swamp, part ice.
I did find some antlers lying around, but that was about the excitement of the walk.
Most of you remember the little fawn with the burnt leg, she was here this morning. Her leg is doing great and you can see where only white hair grew back in where the burn was.
It's cool to actually recognize the deer that hang out. A few of them followed me to the pond and back, I guess wanting some kind of treat. I threw out a few carrots, which the horses seemed to disagree with.
Oh and something new I learned.....deer love pumpkin. Smash up a pumpkin and throw it in your yard and the deer will engorge. Maybe I will grow pumpkins in the garden this year :)
I'm going to drive into the Big City tomorrow, I found a store I want to check out, full of pretty-shiny-girly things. I might actually even splurge and hit Starbucks while I'm there. Should I take my laptop in and blog from Starbucks? Talk on my phone and have my ipod in my ear? Oh..and take my photo for 365 all at the same time?
Yeah, I know.
I need caffeine.
10 comments:
Ooh--hope you can get a picture of the burnt leg one! And who knew about pumpkin??
Have fun in the Big City!
You definitely need to get some Starbucks! And if you want to blog about it... great! I doubt you will hear us complain...
They love pumpkin, and other squash too Leesa! And of course, corn and apples too. I always throw out my unused squash and stuff for the deer....at my old house, I don't do it here, it's too dangerous for the deer here.
I definitly think you should blog from Starbucks!
Stacie
Thawing here too and no sunshine either. I'm sure you had more snow though lol. Love the pic
Oh yes... stop at starbucks!!! That is a must have! and I have always wanted to blog from starbucks... one day I will... when ever I get a laptop...
That is good to hear about the deer t hat was burnt! Always good to know that Mother Nature takes care of her own... Or they get eaten by a bear.
Oh, please blog from Starbucks! And have a carmel frappuccino for me! YUM! Just make sure it's decaf.. LOL.
I'm so glad you saw the deer & that she's healing well.
M~
Our yard is very squishy too. Makes it hard to walk around. You definitely need boots!
we've melted about a foot a day for the last three days. I think there is about 6-10 inches still left to go. It's a soggy mess and now we have a "dense fog warning".
Have fun "in town" tomorrow!
Oooooo yes, blog from Starbucks please! And have something sinfully yummy while you're there....do it for me, okay? I've never been to a Starbucks before! :)
Leesa,
Read regularly, seldom leave word.
It's very melty here too. The birds are singing their spring songs and I wait for the frogs.
We always smash our pumpkins out back for the deer to munch. Today I tossed the last of the gingerbread cripples out for a late season snack.
Show us what you bought.
P.
Post a Comment