
I recalled a memory last night while talking to my sister. She was telling me that her son talks constantly, to which I reminded her that he's just like she was when she was little.
You know the saying, "I hope you have a kid JUST.LIKE.YOU.. well she did.
But it reminded me of something funny and I thought I'd share, since you don't have enough to laugh at me about....
I did go a through small phase in my childhood where I too talked too much. I was constantly getting in trouble for talking too much and getting out of my seat. This was a time when we were in the same class all day, or at least half a day if I remember. It was even on my report card a few times about talking too much in class.
Anyway, the teacher finally came to me and told me if I got up ONE.MORE.TIME, she was going to tie me to my chair. Well, the class got a good laugh out of it, but I didn't take it too seriously.
I guess I should have.
The next time I got out of my chair to talk to my friends, the teacher grabbed a roll of yarn and she actually tied me to my chair. I sat there tied to my chair for the rest of the day. It's quite amusing now, but it wasn't funny then. I remember the boys throwing stuff at me too.
Sure, pick on the little redhaired girl :P
9 comments:
LOVE the picture.... too funny!
We (my sisters and I) did the same thing to one of my littler sisters. Mom wasn't too pleased with us bigger kids... LMAO
btw... the sis we tied up still hasn't forgiven us... too funny!
ROFL!!! Ok, THIS is funny! I don't mean to laugh, but dang, I can just imagine you tied to the chair!
You realize that today it would be called child abuse, right?
M~
OMG!! I'm sorry for giggling.. ok out right laughing ... but it was funny!! I cannot picture you as a chatty cathy. My daughter does GREAT in school... but EVERY teacher she's had so far (4th grade now) has said she talks too much. Gee... wonder where she gets that from?? They've yet to tie her to her chair or tape her mouth shut.
Very cute picture lol You know if a teacher did that now days they'd be up on child abuse charges lol
I agree with Dakota. No teacher would have the guts to do that now for fear of being thrown in prison.
I love the duct tape! It does work for everything!
I once had a teacher physically invert a kid into the garbage can b/c he couldn't remember to invert and multiply in order to divide fractions. Nothing like being literal
LOL...I CANNOT imagine you as a chatty cathy.
Can you imagine me wearing a construction paper tail because my teacher wanted me to stop tattleing? Yes, in second grade I wore a tattle tail.
♥Pam
I laugh, only because I'm laughing WITH you not at you.
I was the girl with the masking tape over her mouth in third grade..
Stacie
lol that is a GREAT picture!hehe
Post a Comment