This is along the driveway. You can't actually see it from the house, so at least it's not an eyesore. But, it's there, waiting.

This will of course be cleaned up, seeded,and fenced in for the horses at some point, but now it's just a big swampy mess. I almost ran out to take my pic with it so you could see how really big it is, but there's no way I could have done it in time with the timer. And, who knows how far I would have sunk in.
You know, Leesa's Law.

I can just imagine my nerves when they decide to burn this thing. I just know I'll be left alone with it at different times and imagine all kinds of scenarios of it going out of control and causing havoc.
I know, know, they do it all the time. But I don't.
And not SO close to my house.
Just wait for those blog entries :)
7 comments:
As soon as you mentioned "burn pile" that was the 1st thing that came to my mind.
Just make sure there's no wind that day...
M~
wow that's big. I have a few branches that can easily be broken to fit in the burn barrel lol
Is there EVER a dull moment up there??? ;)
you are so blessed to be surrounded by all this nature.
tc
Geez...Do you think Omar is trying to tell you that you need to relax?
That is one heck of a burn pile. We have a very small one, but we're not allowed to burn here. I have to get rid of it in the next week or so because we're going to start showing the house. I don't know where to put it. Think I can box it up and sent it to you to add to yours? I don't think you'd even notice the addition and it'd really help me out! :P
Stacie
will you be burning the land around it... or just the pile?
let us know when... and we will come with marshmellows and water buckets... :)
Burn piles, living in the sticks. We had a permanent burn pile for the 18 years I lived in rural Oklahoma. One year we had a cedar tree on it, we kept waiting for the first snow to burn it then, but we didnt have snow. So spring time, our wet season, well, it was dry. When we finally torched it, I spent the entire night in a lawn chair, two hoses with pressure on waiting to put out any embers that got away.
Get some marshmallows, and LONG sticks LOL
Post a Comment