Saturday, March 24

That Kind Of Day



It's been one of those days. It's been cold, dark and rainy all day. I've had a headache since I woke up. It wavers between painful and dull pain every couple of hours. Plus with the medications I've taken, my stomach feels like it's on a rollercoaster.
I dozed off on the couch last night, obviously in some odd position that caused my neck to really hurt, which led to the headache. I think.
The phone rang about every half hour between midnight and 4am. Hubs brothers dog was in an animal ER in Olympia, WA. Between the family calling and the doctor on duty calling, I was a receptionist last night.

There seems to be a lot of sick pets around right now. With the whole tainted food scare, three of my own pets, bro-n-laws dog, and a fellow blogger ,who lost her cat in an ER in Texas after eating the tainted food, It's kind of depressing.

I'm sure you've all read about the rat poison story. Which had me confused at first, since rat poison does not normally cause kidney failure. We saw many many many rat poison cases when I worked in the ER, I would say almost daily, and it never caused this problem. This china rat poison is some scary stuff, and I certainly feel for anyone who has had to deal with this.

My three cats, at the moment, can't be diagnosed. Hubs is still investigating the symptoms. We'll see what happens.
I know I've said this before, but I hate when my pets are sick, especially when I can't do anything for them. They can't tell you why they're sick, or what they ate, or where it hurts. Sigh.

And of course, the hubs leaves for three weeks tomorrow, so you just know (but let's pray it won't) get worse after he leaves.

So did any of you have a better day?

**Update~not a happy update though, Memphis Steve lost his sweet kitty today too :( Yucky weekend... bleah.

8 comments:

Nature Girl said...

OMGosh Leesa! I hope everything gets better soon! I had no idea 3 of your cats were ill with this. That's awful! I'm so sorry. I'll be thinking of you and I hope your neck/head gets better soon too!
Hugs,
Stacie

david said...

First, LOVE the Canada geese pic - I'm an absolute sucker for those geese!

Second, damn I hope your pets are OK. This pet-food scandal is horrible - and I have a depressing feeling that it's going to get worse.

Be strong, Lees...

Marianna said...

I had a headache for 2 days in a row last week. I think it was the weird weather, too.

Sigh. I'm so sorry to hear about all the sick pets. I sure hope your kitties are ok. But your kities don't eat wet, so hopefully it's not this rat poison food...

M~

Unknown said...

Oh I hope you find out what's wrong with your cats. So do you think it was rat poison that caused the pet foods problem or something else then?

Phaedrous said...

Leesa,

Sorry to hear bout your cats. I didn't know they were ill. I went back to see if I missed a mention earlier, but did not find anything.

Hope your head and your companions turn around.

P.

Kat said...

Leesa,

Thank you for keeing me in your thoughts. I am so sorry to hear three of your babies are sick too.

the vets still can't say for sure, that it was the food, but everything else has been ruled out except FIP, which his symptoms were similar too, they are just baffled as to how/why it would suddenly afflict him. pathology tests will tell us more. Now, I just wait while I cry.

I will pray for your babies to be all better soon!!!!!

Jennifer said...

I am saying my prayers that your "little ones" start feeling better.

I am thankful that my little one hasn't gotten sick yet.

Marianna said...

Hey ~ your blog pic is one of my absolute faves of you...

M~