Saturday, March 17

Bad Dog



So I went into the big city yesterday. I let Taylor come along since she's home alone now.
I wandered through some of the stores while the hubs did his own thing in town.
I went to Starbucks and had a White Chocolate Mocha (yum) and as I was paying, I noticed their pastry shelf. They had all these wonderful sinful desserts. One cupcake was just beautiful, and if you've ever looked at food and said "beautiful" or drooled, then you would have loved this cupcake. It didn't even look real.
The cupcake above is similar but doesn't even do it justice. It was a mixture of dark and white chocolates and shavings, a ganache like glaze going down the sides, just a piece of art. So, of course, I had to have it.
Main reason? I wanted to take photos of it :)

So, I had them put it in this little pastry box and seal it so it wouldn't get damaged on the way home. I also, put this pastry box in a bag and then on the floorboard in the back seat of the truck. It was safe. Or, so I thought.

We went on to do the normal grocery shopping and a few errands in town. When we came back to the truck, ugh, I started putting groceries in the back when I saw it.
The massacre. The crime scene.
That dog had gone into the bag and managed somehow to pull the box out of the bag and demolish the cupcake. I couldn't believe it!
She's never done anything like this before. We couldn't leave Brock in the truck with anything, but never Taylor. I seriously thought I was going to kill her.
Yeah, I know, it's just a cupcake, but the fact that she did what she did really pissed me off. Plus, she just inhaled a cupcake with about three different chocolates in it, and got chocolate all over the back seat of the truck. Heh, at least the truck smells good :)

So, that kind of put a halt on us doing anything else in town because we now had a backseat full of food. We couldn't do anymore shopping and we couldn't go out to eat like we wanted to.
And, I lost my pretty cupcake :(

So she's in trouble. She won't go shopping with me anymore.
And she just might regret eating that much chocolate, physically speaking.

I might go back to town next week.
And I will buy another cupcake :)

10 comments:

Marianna said...

LOL! Ok, did you take pictures of the massacre??

I guess I'd be more worried what chocolate would have done to her, but I guess it was in small enough quantities that it didn't mess with her too much?

Poor baby girl.... she's just a dumb doggy. She doesn't know any better. You know my address. Send her.

:)
M~

Wendy said...

Leesa, just as you saw that deliciously gorgeous cupcake and HAD to have it ... I imagine she smelled that deliciously gorgeous cupcake and ALSO had to have it. Leaving a dog alone, any dog, in a vehicle with food is like leaving ME alone in a candy shop. (never a good idea!!) Sorry about your trip ... but could you REALLY blame her??? :~)

Michael said...

Everyone knows dogs love cupcakes... I read that somewhere. Taunting that poor dog by hiding a cupcake in the truck... cruel and unusual punishment!

;-)

Nature Girl said...

Where's the pics of the massacre? Where's the pics of Taylor with icing on her face? Where's the pics of the icing all over the truck?

Poor Taylor! I dont' think you could have left me alone in there either!

Stacie

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

Just drifted in for a visit.

I have had this same thing happen with my old dog. I remember one time going through the drive-thru, turning to get the drink and the breakfast sandwhich being gone, out of the bag, out of the wrapper and down the dog's throat before turning around...crazy!

Deb @ Sugarfused said...

I hope she didn't get sick from the chocolate!

Laurie and Chris said...

I would have been upset too. i hope she doesn't start leaving you other messes. since she ate all that chocolate!

Unknown said...

Well I guess it was too sinful to resist even for the dog

Moosekahl said...

Was she up all night sick?

Leesa said...

Taylor is fine, the chocolate didn't seem to affect her :)