Friday, March 16

1 Sheep, 2 Sheep, 3 Sheep



I had the strangest night.
I decided to take a sleep aide. Maximum strength it said.
It started out beautifully, I got sleepy and fell to sleep.
Then...
I kept having these strange feelings like my body didn't want to stay still.
My body was having these little twitches. I can't really explain it, but it was freaky. Involuntary spasms is the best term I can come up with.
But, I was extremely tired. So the mixture of the two feelings was just horrible. My body wanted to move and get up, my brain wanted to sleep.
I got up a couple of times just to see if it would go away, but then I was too woozy and dizzy to really walk around much.
Sigh... it was awful.
Then of course, this morning I was like a zombie. I didn't want to get up and when I did I felt like I had been hit by a semi.

I think I prefer being up until 4am.
No more over-the-counter sleep medication for me.

I went into the big city today, another adventure I'll be back to tell you about, but ponder this while I'm away...

Anyone want a dog? Small terrier mix.. free. I'll even ship.
She's in big big trouble.

5 comments:

Wendy said...

I get the same reaction to those meds. I get what I call "the jitz". Believe it or not, what works for me that doesn't make me react that way is Nyquil gel caps... BUT ..... though the dose says to take two, I can take only ONE. So, half the dose. If I take the regular dose... I get the jitz. If I don't want to take anything, what also works is the age old wive's tale ... warm milk. I get up, nuke a cuppa milk, sit in the rocker in the silence and sip my milk. When I go back to bed, I fall asleep. Amazing.

I hope you're kidding about giving away a hound!

Moosekahl said...

That's the exact reason I have moved up to the prescription stuff...not the sleeping driving stuff but prescription strength nonetheless. Last night though was awesome...I stayed up until I was tired (around 12:30) took my meds and since I didn't have to go to work today I slept until 10:30! It was amazing. I don't think I have problems sleeping, I just have problems sleeping when I'm suppose to sleep.

As for that cat, I'm convinced when I die I want to come back as a house cat!

Nature Girl said...

hhhmmmm! I was thinking about trying an over the counter...maybe I'd better not. Everyone says Benedryl is a knockout..maybe I'll try that...

What did poor Taylor do? Maybe I'll make a trade, Licorice spread trash all over the house again..sigh..
Stacie

Marianna said...

OMG OMG OMG! I'll take Taylor! You know I love that dog! Bald or not!!! (ok, first, what did she do?? LOL)

On the sleeping thing... now, this is just my thoughts about it ~ and just take this with a grain of salt because I don't take any meds, nor do I ever have any problems sleeping.... But I'm wondering how much of this is a mental thing? Like your mind doesn't let you sleep because you think about trying to sleep too much? Like your body & your mind are in a fight against each other? I'm not trying to be funny or to offend ~ but does that make sense?

Ugh. Am I saying it right?

M~

Unknown said...

I had trouble getting to sleep last night too. How does that cat sleep like that