Wednesday, December 27

Travels



It's almost time.
Peace will return tomorrow.
I'm really not going to bitch & moan..but tomorrow can't come soon enough.
I'm glad the kids had a great time. They wore themselves out daily, they fully took advantage of their time here.
They built snowmen, they went sledding, they rode horses, they went skiing and hiking, and they built forts.
Cody was nonstop.. I rarely remember the boy stopping to eat or pee. I'm not kidding! He didn't want to miss out on anything. It was sweet :)
Do you remember having so much fun that you didn't even want to stop to use the restroom? Yeah.... I remember that kind of fun.
What happened to that kind of fun?

I sit here enjoying the silence alone tonight, as usual. I'm the night owl. I'm munching on Christmas oreos that I don't need. Sipping on Heineken that is much needed.
Staring at the pretty tree that will most likely come down tomorrow.
Listening to the cats prowl quietly and my PC screensaver aguarium water bubbling. It's serene. It's nice.
You appreciate the silence more when it's taken away.

My sis will be here a couple of more days. We will drive to Thompson Falls to this cute little Montana souvenier store that she loves. It's just stock full of anything Montana :)
We will also see the eagles, hopefully.

I did get some cute socks this Christmas ;) They had kitties on them, imagine that.
I got a lovely windchime, which I love to listen to.
A necklace that shines friendship.
Christmas tunes, always a fave.
A beautiful frame, certainly for a photo I've taken this week.
Sweatpants to keep warm, a redneck calendar to make me smile, and a Hard Rock Cafe souvenier to add to my collection.
Enough lip balm to keep my lips soft for another year or so.
I got many great Christmas cards, which I always love :)

How was your Christmas?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beer, the great equalizer! I've had a good Christmas, visiting my mom and little brothers out here in Maryland - but I'm ready to be home now. Only a couple more days now, I go home Thursday. Merry Christmas Leesa! :)

Osbasso said...

Wow! You really WERE getting sappy and sentimental! Glad you snapped outta that!

Good luck with the eagles (take video this time!!!)!

Anonymous said...

I've been reading about your adventures and it makes me miss the old days growing up with snow like that and playing in it. Christmas was nice.

Anonymous said...

You are a remarkable woman leesa.
To notice the little gifts which are given to us daily and appreciate them is an underused gift many let slip by.
Instead of turning negative you gave it your all and you are a better person for it.
Hugs to you..oh sweet one!
tc

Marianna said...

Ok, you got me weapy... thanks a WHOLE lot!

Your blog was just perfect today... the pics, the words... you reminded me of the little things...

M~

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Oh I do remember being (almost) too busy to stop and pee! By the time you FINALLY got to the restroom, you were fixin' to burst! ;)

My Christmas? It was okay...I am SO GLAD it's over! ;)

Redhead Editor said...

You must have been a very good girl for Santa to be so good to you. Either that or you legt him beer.

Shephard said...

You collect Hard Rock Cafe souvenirs?

~S

Tamatha said...

Christmas here was great. We had it at our house instead of going to the parents places. Also we had my good friend Elizabeth here with her Dad and our mutual friend Andrea who came in from B.C.