Friday, December 15

Fun Fun Fun












Darn Mother Nature.

She took my power at 4am this morning. I was just heading to bed. Of course the silence just kept me awake.
We had some wild winds that just made the house creak and crack. This then stressed out Brock. So needless to say, I didn't sleep much.

It's been snowing all day but at least the winds have died down. There are down trees everywhere, it's a real mess.
Drove into Sandpoint to do some shopping and was at least able to catch my email on my phone. It wouldn't let me blog though.
When I got home, I realized that I could still pick up the wireless signal on the phone, so I tried then too. No such luck.
I did remember that I have satellite radio, so that helped with the eerie silence too.

This is one dark, quiet house with no power.
Oh and we lose water too. That's no fun. Just think about it.
12 hours. No water. Yay.

5 comments:

Osbasso said...

No water, but plenty of trees!

I was wondering if this all hit you or now. We got the wind at about 3AM, and are supposed to get more tonight. Hope you're doing OK!

Wendy said...

We have a generator JUST IN CASE of not having power for any length of time -- cuz we lose water too ... so, not only no water, but no flushing. Not good. I'm happy we have the generator!

Wendy said...

I should say that the generator is big enough to power the well, and the fridge and one zone of heat. That's it. (we have 2 zones of heat)

Marianna said...

Do you have an emergency generator?

M~

Anonymous said...

You REALLY need to get a generator!

We use a lot of natural gas generators here. Don't have to worry about gasoline or Diesel.