Sunday, December 10

Tell Me







So, I'm playing with this calendar idea. I had been thinking on doing one for a while now, but Pam reminded me this morning so I started on one today. It's a rough draft, but you can see the idea anyway.

There are just so many different ways to go with this. I have SO many photos to choose from. So, I'm asking your opinion :)
I could do a Montana calender, or animals, or flowers, or butterflies...you name it. I could do Black and White. I could do Winter. What do you think?

I'm open to suggestions.

19 comments:

Nature Girl said...

Wow Lees...hard to choose! I love your MT photos, and your animals...but I also love your flowers too..I'm thinking a little bit of each...I was never a fan of black and white photography until I saw some of yours and now I'm even experimenting a bit with my own so B&W added in there to mix things up a bit would be good too. Or, you could do two calendars...One scenery/animals, one Flowers/butterflies? Then we could choose..
Stacie

Shephard said...

I think a little bit of everything is a nice idea too. It could still have a cohesive theme by just controlling the borders and feeling of the photos. Like if the theme was sunny afternoons... you could have deer in a sunny field, Critter basking in the sun, trees, flowers,whatever you liked that captured the feeling of sunshine.
Or maybe you could choose "seasons" and include snowy stuff too.

That way, you could select photos that are your favorite, without being limited to Montana or flowers or animals.

I suggest that because I like photos of yours from each of those categories.
(but esp. Critter...cuz Critter makes me laugh and want to smooch his head).

~S :)

Moosekahl said...

I want a Montana one just because I miss home so much and your picturse bring me comfort. Sign me up for whatever one you do though, I'll place an order :) Thanks for sharing your photos with us

Anonymous said...

Easy, Black and White. I love that style and you excel at it.

Robin Alexa said...

I'm going to vote, hmmmmmm, I really like black and white too...but I think I am going to vote animals.

Anonymous said...

MT or wild animals... I'd buy either...

Marianna said...

B&W for me, definitely!

Or, you could do a circle art calendar like Wendy did for me. I LOVE mine!

M~

Anonymous said...

A nice mix would be great. All your photos are great!

Anonymous said...

I think MT or like Seamus said, a MIX to match the months. And, I'd buy a calandar of your pics, too(Cuz they're so purty)! :)

Anonymous said...

I think MT or like Seamus said, a MIX to match the months. And, I'd buy a calandar of your pics, too(Cuz they're so purty)! :)

Anonymous said...

I think MT or like Seamus said, a MIX to match the months. And, I'd buy a calandar of your pics, too(Cuz they're so purty)! :)

Unknown said...

Well....I'm gonna have to go with birds, wildlife and flowers....kind of a MT tribute without a panoramic or landscape view. Hmmmm, what I mean to say is without a broad view of some scenery. Just deer and bear and birds/flutterby's. That would be awesome.
Then throw in a few pics of native flowers if ya got em. That would be a great MT tribute calendar. I especially love the view off your back porch you took a few weeks ago. With the mist in the background and the trees/bushes turned reddish orange. Could one of the pics be a collage of four? Then you could get in some landscape shots if you wanted. So glad you got a great response. I knew you would.
♥Pam

Anonymous said...

You could doo..... OH nevermind! :D

Heather said...

I have to go with the mix idea. That way all your styles would be showcased!

Anonymous said...

When doing B&W photography there is more than just choosing a subject. There lies a talent in viewing the world differently, in being aware of contrasts and textures, of light and shadow. I see that incredible talent in every one of your B&W photos. I vote for B&W, because what I see is not simply a pretty picture - -but a work of art, with a story to tell.

Redhead Editor said...

What a choice? You know you could make several calendars, but if I had to pick one, I'd say Montana. So many people never get the luxury Pam and I did to visit that great state, and you could bring a little bit of Montana to your fan club. That way, you could incorporate flowers and wildlife, too. Now how to get the Montana Department of Tourism involved??

Anonymous said...

calendars....one of my biggest dilema's this year.

I have made a calendar every year... for the past 10 years or so. To give as presents to my Mom, Opie's mom... etc.
I usually just have kids and family members. But when I put it together.. I always think of the month... and add what I would want to see that month. I have a Christmas Photo for December... in January and Feb. I have a cheery sunny photo... The month of the kids birthdays I have a pic that is just them alone.

So I guess my vote is for a calendar that represent all your photo's ... anything you do will be a hit.!!!

Anonymous said...

It is SOOOOOO hard to choose. I did/sold a calendar this year. I did flowers this year. I did pretty well, too...sold 100 calendars!! Nice little profit I will have to say.

Good luck with your calendar. I'd be interested in ordering one no matter what the theme is.

P.S. My husband would like to request an HNT calendar. ;)

Unknown said...

I'm making one for myself but not good enough to sell them like you.