Friday, December 29

Do Over



I just finished watching an interesting episode of the X-Files, my usual early morning entertainment.

In this episode, this girl relives the same day everyday which inevitably ends in tragedy. Her only way out of this is to figure out how to change the cycle.
She relives this day over and over, each day changing one thing, hoping to change the pattern.

Which of course had me thinking how we all, I'm sure, have had a moment we'd love to relive and change somehow.
Now I'm not talking about changing your whole life. But a moment. A single moment or day you wish you could go back and change.

A Do-Over.

I had one of these recently. A moment I wish I could go back and change. But what's interesting, like the show I just watched, is I'm not sure at what exact moment I could have fixed it. Does this mean it was inevitable to end the way it did? Is it fate?
I relive this moment often, wishing I could change the outcome. Of course I can't.

Reminds me of being a kid, playing a game and when it didn't go exactly the way you wanted, you called a Do-Over. And in some games, it was allowed. You did it right the second time and all ends well.

Ahh.. if life were so easy...

I call a Do-Over.
(pretty pleeeeeeeeassseee.... with sugar on top?)

10 comments:

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I can think of several "do-overs" too. Several??? No...MANY of them. Yeesh!

Marianna said...

There are many I wish I could go back & do-over, too. But then I tend to wonder what path my life would have taken had I had a 2nd chance... would it have been any better? Or worse?

M~

Wendy said...

For the most part - I don't regret the situations in my life, because I believe I am who I am and where I am today because of my previous choices, BUT ... sometimes (like very recently) I surely wish I had said something differently - or even said something at all ... and now it's sorta too late. I'd like a "do over" at that please ... pretty pleaasseeee with sugar on top and a cherry to boot?!

Nature Girl said...

I say "Do-over!" several times per month, some are just silly little things, but I have a few moments in time that I would seriously like to change!!
Stacie

Unknown said...

Oh I want a do over, heck I could say that alot but its something I haven't said since I was a kid.

Rick said...

My do-overs would all end the same... with me keeping my stupid mouth shut. It's always the things I didn't need to say that get me in trouble. Perfect flaw for a blogger, no?

Anonymous said...

I think this is one of life's greatest fantasies, to have a "Groundhog's Day"!!

Robin Alexa said...

You do get a do over, it's called the present! Don't dwell on what you did, dwell on what you are doing RIGHT NOW.

After reading that book I have turned into a freak, but a loveable freak so it's okay.

Leesa said...

In this post I'm not talking about changing my past. I truly believe that I wouldn't be who I am today if I hadn't experienced what I have.
This post was maybe what you'd call a "wish" of something small I could change if possible.

And Binsk, you're exactly right. I can only go from here :)

Anonymous said...

There are a few things I wish were different in my life. However, there is only one "do over" that I would give anything to have. Just one. That's all I ask. That's simple right?

How nice it would be to be a kid again.