Thursday, December 7

Dear Santa












Ok..this really isn't a Dear Santa letter, I just like the button above :)

So...I wrote two posts last night. One was a Thursday Thirteen, and one was about why I was still up at 4:38am.
When I reread my posts, which I always do, I just couldn't post them. They were a tad on the depressing side and I thought to myself, "If I think this is blah, won't everyone else?".

Depressing is a strong word, but it's the closest to what I wanted to use. The 4:38am post was actually research I had done on sleeping patterns. The causes or reasons for odd sleep patterns or no sleep. Most of the answers made sense but were kind of depressing.

My second post, the Thursday Thirteen, was a list of songs I was really feeling the lyrics too. You know those songs that come on and you stop and listen. Or, you get goosebumps when they play? Or you know the feeling they're feeling. Yeah.. you know. But again, some of the lyrics to these songs are a tad on the depressing side.

I decided to wait, and finally fell alseep around 5am or so. I truly think I could have just stayed up and started my day, but chose to really try and sleep. And I did.
One interesting thing I did read over at The Sleep Foundation was that most people don't even know when they're sleepy. You can read that here. If you ever get bored, or find you can't sleep, it's a pretty interesting site. And it didn't make me sleepy!

Wait..that's what you need.
You can't sleep, you go read a sleep disorder website and it's so boring, you get sleepy.
Or they can just read my rambling 4am posts... that might help too :)

13 comments:

Osbasso said...

;-(

I could sort of tell last night that you wouldn't be going to bed any time soon...
Hope you get those sleep cycles figured out!

LarryLilly said...

Your posts of late while separate, point to a common thread, worrying about your state of mental re-enrichment and identity issues. The dream rant, the pros-cons rant, the sleep patterns that have been discussed many many times. The winter setting in, maybe even thoughts from movies that deal with isolation "Here's Johnny." You have a very talented side, and creativity tends to have two faces, one cheery that shows brilliant flashes of light, but and almost equal dark side that is used to keep an even keel to the bright side. Not classic manic/depressive, more like ying and yang. One must have one to be able to show the other, or else you would burn out. So, while you have to lots of us readers an almost idyllic existence, peaceful surroundings, it is still wild, and like you, while looking outside is peaceful and serene, there are hidden from view the goings on that equal a full life. And not all of it is always cheery. Don’t get freaked out, its normal, you are in tune to your inner self, and some sorting out is going on, nothing more than that.

Marianna said...

LarryLilly said it very well. Good words there.

I was wondering if you were up that early... I hope you got some rest, finally.

M~

LarryLilly said...

me thinks she is sleeping right now.

Rick said...

OK, I have it all, my buddies and I are naked, and all we need is the address...

Leesa said...

Heh..no. I rarely can sleep during the day.
Yes, Marianna I was up :)

Anonymous said...

I am going to that site now--I have the wake up at 3-4 am shift. That is when I read blogs and enjoy a quiet house and coffee. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Sorry you are not sleeping well. I think Larry summed it up well.

If it makes you feel any better, i've had times where I was at a standstill with life and who I was and where i wanted to go/be. Also lost a lot of sleep, but eventually, I was able to work through it and get moving (and sleeping) again. :)

Anonymous said...

And they say that only we guys are obsessed with nudity! ;)

~art said...

well first off I think that ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.z.z.z...z...

Anonymous said...

maybe you should post some of the depressing stuff, then we can point our finger at you and say "look she's just like us"lol

hope you sleep better.
I always find counting mice helps.
tc

Unknown said...

I have no problems sleeping when sleepy I could nod off right now lol hope you get some sleepytime

Shephard said...

Sometimes, in the past, I've felt better just realizing that what I'm feeling is quite ordinary and normal. And that... the greatest and most creative or successful or fulfilled people... also have felt what I'm feeling. It's true. You're normal. Human. And a work in progress just like the rest of us. Well, except Donald Trump. I think he's about done.

~S