Thursday, December 14

Changes?
















I've been playing with two new ideas.

Wordpress and Shutterchance. New Blog and Photo blog.
I'm really liking Shutterchance, still figuring out Wordpress.

Any complaints about either? Pros or Cons?

**update : Here's my Shutterchance site if you want to take a look :)

13 comments:

Rick said...

I've been on WordPress for a little over a year with few complaints, though I do host on my own server, not theirs. You can either noodle with lots of plugins 'n' stuff or take the templates as they are. I tend to noodle with multiple templates at once.

Anonymous said...

I have been on both Blogger and Wordpress - Wordpress is more difficult, but seems to give me more freedom to do what I want to do.

Marianna said...

I have heard that with Wordpress you can password protect your blogs so that others can/can't see it.

I'm just more concerned with transferring everything. Would all my archives transfer? Would I lose them all?

M~

Leesa said...

Hmm..well I do want a statcounter, so I pay I guess? I saw the fees, not too bad.
I haven't tried transferring archives yet.. but it's the next step.
I do like it so far, once you figure out all the steps :)

Anonymous said...

I have a Wordpress.com blog I don't use much. It comes with a counter and stats. There is very limited customization allowed. No java. You can now add your own header image to most of the templates. There are widgets. Their widgets. If you want to pay, you can have access to the css. For free, I can change font colors in Blogger. I don't think I can do that for free in Wordpress.com and so, I picked a template with the darkest font, even tho I don't like the actual font.

I don't know the other site you mentioned. I do think that for a free service, Blogger (the new version) is the best out there if you like playing around with the look and features.

Anonymous said...

I have sitemeter on my Wordpress account. I love the ability to add features at will and with the large community out there, there are never a shortage of new plugins to add on.

WP is definitely more hands on, so if you don't want to deal with the techie part of it, I would recommend the other thing.

I used to have a livejournal account and have been very happy with Wp since the move. Most blogging applications will import without a problem. The 1.5 years of Livejournal entries imported without a problem.

Anonymous said...

oh, on a side note, I have been looking around for a good photoblog application, so I will be interested in seeing if your shutterchance works for you.

I do have a pixelpost site(photoblog equivalent of Wordpress) but want to explore the other free stuff out there.

Leesa said...

Terry! I checked out Pixelpost and liked it, but my computer is giving me an attitude about downloading it :(

So I can add sitemeter to WP? I'll have to look into that.

Michael said...

I'm on Wordpress, I've tried all the others and keep coming back to Wordpress. I use Blogs About as my host and I've been very happy with them. Both Lisa and her husband have blogs as well so they're very blogger oriented.

I agree with previous comments that Wordpress is a little more technical but you seem geeky enough to enjoy that aspect of it! Blogs About will convert your existing posts over too BTW, although not necessarily all of the formatting will come across.

Anonymous said...

I've been toying with the idea of purchasing webspace and installing wordpress on my own domain. Toying with, meaning reading the tutorials and faqs.

I've been able to get A LOT of mileage out of blogger, so I'm a little hesitant. Mostly a 'I fear that which I do not know' kinda thing. So at this point it's just getting serious about it.

So far it seems a lot more technical, but not impossible, just... different and a little more time consuming.

Unknown said...

i like the photo place I might have to try it lol

Anonymous said...

I host my own WP, so I can put anything I want where ever I want. Some places (like LiveJournal) won't let you put javascript on there for security reasons...

I am really liking shutterchance. As much as I like to control my websites, this does - so far - everything that I would want in a photoblog. I don't need a bunch of plugins and it's kinda nice being in a photocommunity. I would spend hours, hitting the "random blog" button on Blogger... that's actually how I came across The Artful Laura's photoblog.

Anonymous said...

Ugh!!! I hate when I start to post a comment and have forgotten to log in..
anyhoo,
Went to visit your other blog yesterday. Cool:-). I love the pics.