Saturday, September 2

Helpless

Doesn't this suck??





I hate when I see things like this and I can't do anything about it. And what sucks more, is I could do something about it if I could actually touch the animal. She seemed to be running around fine on it last night. It was almost dark that's why the quality of the photos ain't too great.

I'm hoping it's just a cut that bled alot. It's hard to tell by the photo. Almost looks like a huge scrape? They come back everyday, so I hope to see her today. And pray it's not worse :(

*Oh..click it to big it ;)

8 comments:

Marianna said...

Oh my... how sad. I hope she's ok...

M~

Nature Girl said...

Oh YIKES! That looks awful! I bet your right though, it's probably just a surface scrape or cut that bled alot. Those always look worse than they are, if she's running around fine on it, I bet she'll be ok. Is that dried blood or a burn? I'm wondering if she's an escapee from the forest fire?
Stacie

Leesa said...

Stacie, I thought the same thing. I almost does look like a burn. If you can look closely at the second pic, it looks like all the hair is gone.
I'm watching for her today to see if she's still walking ok :)

Anonymous said...

Is there a way to get her some antibiotics without the others getting them?

BKS said...

I was kinda thinking burn too....but there is a large scrape along the upper part of her back too...looks painful but she seems to be coping well. Beautiful pics and I envy you for the wildlife you get to be around.

janet copenhaver said...

Now that's a hot spot for sure. My dude's spot is drying up but hair still not coming back. He's stopped licking it. We never did take him to the vet when back in Denver, just to busy and kinda forgot about it. Not to smart on my part.
I hate to see wounded animals and would want to try and fix it, so know it must be killing you. She's in good hands with you keeping an eye out for her though.

~grey said...

wow....
at first I thought it was just something on the photo...like a smudge... then i clicked it to big it... WOW... poor bambi!
hope she is ok

Unknown said...

Looks like a burn to me too. Almost as if it leaned up against a hot tree or something. It will probably be okay, as long as it doesn't turn septic.
I called yesterday to the rehabbers. *sigh*
♥Pam