Saturday, September 9

Echo

Quiet night.
I have to admit,
tonight I'm nervous.
Uneasy.
The winds picked up tonight. The smoke is intense.
It's in the house. Burning eyes and throat.

I do know that it's not any closer.
I do know that if there were any danger close I would have heard something.
But it's dark, eerily quiet, and smokey.
I don't know why it's bothering me tonight of all nights, but it is.

I actually feel alone tonight too. I'm alone most of the time.
This is nothing new.
I'm a good loner. I like it.
But tonight is different.
I can't explain it.


The greatest weakness of all is the great fear of appearing weak.
- Jacques Benigne Bossuet

4 comments:

Marianna said...

I'm worried for you... I hope the feeling of uneasiness passed.

M~

Unknown said...

I hope the wind shifts for you. I know that feeling. Maybe not as intensely as you are experiencing right now but I do know.
Hugs,
♥Pam

Redhead Editor said...

The calvary is coming. I'm counting the days.

Osbasso said...

Geez, I was even looking for you last night...

All you have to do is call!