Sort of tagged by Skye who was sort of tagged by Diane and so on and so on....
1. Finish the sentence: “I wish I …” - - Basically, pretend you had up to three wishes to change something about you. A restriction is that [you] cannot wish to change someone else. For example, you can say; “I wish I weighed 30 pounds less.” But this wish is not for this meme; “I wish my spouse weighed 30 pounds less.”
2. If you are reading this, you are “tagged” with this meme.
Of course I’m not actually obligated to do this as those that are now reading this are not but as some people say, bloggers who take themselves too seriously to play games are fulla B.S.
So here goes-
I wish: I could let my guard down a bit with people. I tend to be closed up a bit and can't relax. I choose very few to share with, which usually leaves others to think I'm cold or distant. Which really isn't the case. I have learned through the years that I tend to trust the wrong people most of the time, so instead of getting my feelings hurt, I trust very few. What's even sadder, is at 37, I still meet those I think I can trust, and am disappointed all over again. Which in turn, brings that guard wall right back up again.
I wish: I weren't so honest with people sometimes. I believe in being up front and honest, but it doesn't always have the best reactions. I've learned that some just can't handle complete honesty and you have to pick and choose what you say.
I wish: I weren't so sensitive sometimes. I used to never let little things bother me, but I have gotten worse about that. Not sure why, but I don't like it. That tough outer shell I always wore seems to be cracking. Good or bad?
These have seem to come off pretty negative, which I'm not at all. These were just three things I thought of that I would like to change. I'm actually alot better than I was 10 years ago!
Any players??
4 comments:
this is gonna require some thought lol
I'll play! I've decided to do like you ~ tags & such til everyone gets back from the holidays.
I used to be more sensitive, but I guess I grew that outer shell too but instead, it actually made me tougher. I'm not as sensitive as I was 10 years ago.
I'm so much like you. I'm so scared to trust. I hate getting hurt.
Ok, so that's 3 tags so far I can do. The food, the one below & this one. WOOHOO! Fill me up, woman!
M~
Leesa, I think a lot more people are like you than you probably realize. And we live in a world where it's pretty common for people not to take responsibility for their words or actions, which means, for straight-forward and honest people like yourself, you feel "different" and sometimes at odds. But that's a good thing though! The only shame would be if you stopped taking risks and chances. You know there will be pleasant and unpleasant surprises in communication. Hope for one, plan for the other.
Christmas hugs,
~S
You're exactly right, Shephard. And I have taken risks lately. Some have turned out great, some not. But, I expect that. Great advice :)
Post a Comment