Dear Dogs,
When I say to move, it means go someplace else, not switch positions with each other so there are still two dogs in the way.
The dishes with the paw print are yours and contain your food. The other dishes are mine and contain my food. Please note, placing a paw print in the middle of my plate and food does not stake a claim for it becoming your food and dish, nor do I find that aesthetically pleasing in the slightest.
The stairway was not designed by Nascar and is not a racetrack. Beating me to the bottom is not the objective. Tripping me doesn't help, because I fall faster than you can run.
I cannot buy anything bigger than a king size bed. I am very sorry about this. Do not think I will continue to sleep on the couch to ensure your comfort.Look at videos of dogs sleeping. They can actually curl up in a ball. It is not necessary to sleep perpendicular to each other stretched out to the fullest extent possible.
I also know that sticking tails straight out and having tongues hanging out the other end to maximize space used is nothing but doggy sarcasm.
For the last time, there is no secret exit from the bathroom. If by some miracle I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it is not necessary to claw, whine, try to turn the knob, or get your paw under the edge and try to pull the door open. I must exit through the same door I entered. In addition, I have been using bathrooms for years; canine attendance is not mandatory.
The proper order is kiss me, then go smell the other dogs butt. I cannot stress this enough. It would be such a simple change for you.
Rules for non pet owners who visit and like to complain about our pets:
1. The dog lives here. You don't.
2. If you don't want dog hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture.
3. I like my dog a lot better than I like most people.
4. To you, she's a dog. To me, she's an adopted daughter who is short,hairy, walks on all fours and doesn't speak clearly.
5. Dogs are better than kids. They eat less, don't ask for money all thetime, are easier to train, usually come when called, never drive your car, don't hang out with drug-using friends, don't smoke or drink, don't worry about buying the latest fashions, don't wear your clothes, don't need agazillion dollars for college, and if they get pregnant, you can sell the pups.
15 comments:
Licorice asked if he could come live with you when he heard Brock and the other puppy get to sleep on the bed, then he heard all the rest of the rules are the same as mine so decided to stay here. I suspect the reason is that when he can't get the bathroom door open, Kenny (the cat) comes and opens it for him! Maybe I'll send Kenny out your way! Great post! Stacie
Wouldn't dogs be more fun if they DID smoke and drink?
LOL... too fun!
M~
I should write one of these for my cats. I loved this!
Thanks for the laugh! It's all so true! In my case, 1 dog + 2 cats! Shhh! Don't tell them about "king size" beds!
Hey, am I the only one that the music doesn't play for anymore?
Or am I smoking crack?
M~
No second exit to the bathroom. That's a good one. Obviously your dogs have the same abandonment issues as your cats. But I can relate. It'll be tough not to follow you into the bathroom when I come to visit. And not cuz I'm curious, but just because I can.
Excellent post!
That was so refreshing and creative Lessa!
LOL! I love it. I always had a dog when I was growing up. I can totally relate.
ALL sooo true! but for some reason the newest member of my pack Kory seems to think the order is: follow momma into bath...(even from full sleepstate) wait til she sits down.....then jump in her lap ...demand a hug and kissy on my neck, then another hug before I will get down to sit and stare at her bathroom habits. (Only because she stares at mine when I have to go outside).......
Oh yeah!lol Dakota stretches out on my bed like that. She follows me to the bathroom, like I don't know what I'm doing. She pretty much follows me everywhere and if she can't then she whines cause she can't.
I've read this before and I LOVED it! Especially the "bathroom" part...my Jezebel WILL NOT let me go to the bathroom alone. Then she wants to just sit and stare at me the whole time. Drives me nuts!
You know, there needs to be one for cats..I could relate alot of these to them.
They always race me up and down stairs. The constantly sit in front of my keyboard while I type. Hmmmm,I see a new post coming.
Dogs & cats drinking? Lordy, imagine what a pain they would be then!
ROFL
the rules - and specifically #4. OMG, that is just way too funny!! and doesn't speak too clearly, but goodness knows they really try!!
Post a Comment