It's 3am. I can't sleep. So I'm just going to bug all of you :)We're finally getting into double digits during the day. It's amazing how good 20 degrees feels after dealing with 5 below. Guess I can put the jackets away!
I haven't even begun to decorate for Christmas, now I'm wondering if it's just too late. I did have the lights out and played with them a bit, but as of now they are still sitting on the kitchen counter. Oh, the cats played with them a bit. They are a big help when dealing with lights and garland.
This month so far has felt like a whirlwind, I keep forgetting that it's even December. Quite a few things have changed for me lately, some good/some not-so-good...it's kind of a blur.
I've had new people enter my life lately, and I've had some leave too. It's wierd to have such happiness and sadness all in one swoop. Strange emotions to deal with.
I had expected family for Christmas, but that has changed. I usually decorate for me anyway, but with me being the only one here mostly for the holidays, it seems pointless.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not being humbug or anything like that, just not sure if I want to start digging through decorations, just to put them back up in two weeks. Also, this will be Critter's (see photo) first experience with decorations and trees and I'm sure it will be quite the fight to keep everything decorated. He's the nosiest thing I've ever seen.
He.must.know.what.I'm.doing.at.all.times.
-I did get Christmas cards out, that was an achievement.
-The berries are thawing now to start making jam.
-I have been taking photos, just need to download.
-Deer hunting season is over (yay) but then it moved right into mountain lion season (ick).
-The pond is frozen solid. Or at least solid enough for Brock to run across it. It's always scary that first time he runs onto the pond. Of course it would be me that would have to try to get him out. And as ya'll know, I'd be alone :)
-Funny thing, all my little Texas cats don't want to go outside now.
-Actually, even the Montana cats don't want to stay outside.
I really really want to see The Chronicles of Narnia! I've heard such great reviews.
Any of you want to build a movie theater near me? I'd be very grateful....
Okay, enough of the meandering babble....
Oh and ya'll do know the previous post is a joke, right?
I haven't worn a bra on my head in years. :)
12 comments:
Make yeah a deal, You come to visit me tomorrow in Kansas City, and we can go to TCofN together. I want to go and I don't have any adults to go with me. BTW, the theatre is only 1//2 a block from my house. I can actualy see it from my kitchen window.
Is it a date?
Well, sistah. I'm just NOW getting into a semi-state of Christmas spirit. I'm the same way ~ why decorate when it's just me?! BAH HUMBUG! lol
I was wondering if that pic was Critter... he's just so darn cute.
I'd offer on the movie theatre thing, but you know me & my narcolepsy ~ I fall asleep 2 minutes after the movie starts.
M~
I'm glad the weather is warming up a bit for you. Sounds like cross country skiing weather.
I hope you are well.
Take Care
Michael
I was awake at around 3 a.m. your time, too. I don't remember what woke me up, but I couldn't go back to sleep. And then problems at work began to drift into my dazed mind, which led me into stressful dreams when I finally did fall asleep again.
Sorry to hear your family isn't coming. I think mine has cancelled all major holidays entirely. This leaves me having to visit the Mother-in-Law for EVERY holiday. I am just so excited about that. not. And I'm sorry the Cowboys game is blocked where you are. That sucks. It was a surprising game. I wish we both could have gone. I spent half my weekend working from home and half of it dealing with people who want to buy my car but don't really want to pay me any money. That is always such a joy.
Anyway, Merry Christmas!
Critter is adorable. Love that photo. I have one that follows me constantly and has to know what I'm up to at all times, also. I kinda like it.
~S
Awww...love that pic.
minus 5, omg.
Where's your closest movie theatre?
Just curious...
I have to decorate lol this is my favorite holiday
I am missing my family this holiday, especially with the anniversary of my father's death coming up, too. Bah...
On the flipside of that, I'm totally overwhelmed with Mike's family.
I'll hire the construction company to break ground on that movie theatre next week...sound good? ;P
~L.
Maybe Critter has abandonment issues. Poor thing. Love the "necklace." And you got your Christmas cards out? I hate you. (I don't really.) I started sending out Epiphany (Jan 6) cards a few years ago for my own sanity. Too late, it's gone. P.S. I was awake at 3 my time which is 2 your time.
I.S...if I were close, I'd definitely go.
Chickie--he would not leave those lights alone, so I just gave them to him.
Michael-I could stand it a little warmer :)
Steve-I wish I could see a game, I've never been to TX stadium either.
Shephard-I do enjoy him following me around, but he does make certain things difficult to do.
Binsk--closest theater is over an hour away and they only show movies during the day.
Dakota--I love to decorate too, I just feel like i'm too behind now.
Laura--YES!! We'll name the theater after you!
Redhead--sorry I missed you. I've been kind of a grumpy chatter lately :)
I don't have my decorations up yet either. I waited till DH got home so we could do it all together as a family, but we spent our time this weekend, just being together and now I am sick and don't feel like it! We leave for MI in about 10 days almost no point to it now, we'll set up a fake tree, but I just don't know about the rest.....Stacie
We just finished our decorations today and if it were not for my daughter, we would not have had it started yet. She is the one who wants it all done the day after thanksgiving so we did get the tree up then and now it is all done.
We had to put one of our cats outside. He will not quit spraying. No matter what we do. He is nuetered but out house was starting to smell like a litter box. He does not have to be out in the cold. We have a partially built in back porch and a garage he goes into. I envy you for being able to keep all yours indoors.
Why do they hunt mountain lions? You can't eat them, can you>?
Post a Comment