Saturday, December 17

Brrrrrrr


Okay I think I've reached my coldest.
It's 0.3 degrees outside. It's 60 degrees inside. Yep, I'm cold.
I turn my woodstove down at night since me and the critters sleep in a heated room, but getting up to 60 degree house is not very fun.
Everything's a blazin' now....let's hope it warms up in here.

My neighbor is insisting I need a tree, so most likely we will look for one today.
Just somewhere around on our properties. Nothing big, since I'm sure Critter will mess
with it.
She wanted to cross-country this morning, but I'm starting to think she's insane.
It's ZERO degrees!
Actually last time we went skiing, it was 13 degrees out...you warm up pretty quickly.
I made the mistake of taking the dogs last time and almost killed Taylor from Hypothermia. You just don't think about how cold it is when you're bundled up and exerting energy like that. She gave up on me many times before I realized that she was just TOO cold.
We finally took turns carrying her to our destination. She's about 20 pounds, so it wasn't easy.
I just wanted to kick myself, considering the profession I was in and the profession the hubs IS in.
She did okay. We warmed her up inside next to the fire and she was back to herself in no time.
Won't make that mistake again.
Brock on the other hand, seems to be impervious to cold. Nothing bothers him. He'll still jump in the water if he can find some that's not frozen.


I did make some cookies yesterday, took a few photos. I do have my village strewn all over the house. Nothing broken yet! Photos to come soon....
I'm definitely going to try my hardest to stay indoors today.
Do you know why?????

5 comments:

Unknown said...

When you have to go outside doesn't it kinda make you wish you were Brock. You know since the cold doesn't bother him lol.

Michael said...

I don't know anything.


Take Care
Michael

Shephard said...

an ice flower.... there's a story there somewhere... a faerie-tale. :) Love the photo. ~S

Nature Girl said...

Yikes Leesa! That is way too cold for me. I complain when it's only 75 in the house that I am too cold. Licorice is like Brock...seems to thrive more on the cold. Course he IS part Newfoundland...2 coats and all...Stacie

Marianna said...

I agree with Shephard. That flower is beautiful.

How on EARTH do you measure 0.3 degrees?! That's insanity. Times two.

Give Taylor a hug for me. I love that pup. I love Brock too, but Taylor's pics always make me smile bigger than life.

Hope you find that tree!

And thanks...

M~