Monday, December 26

Holiday Shopping

Yes, I had my holiday shopping, AFTER the holidays. It was not enjoyable.
I was so completely irritated at Home Depot. Good thing I don't do the talking.

First, we went to Home Depot to get a refrigerator. EVERY refrigerator they had was not-in-stock. Has to be ordered and delivered. WTF?? You have a sales room floor full of refrigerators and we can't take one home today??
Plus, we live so far away, the delivery would have been up to two weeks and costly. Grrr.
What's the point of having all of that merchandise if someone can't buy-it-NOW?

Then..just to make things more fun, hubs decides to use the Self-Checkout. Okay, this annoyed me completely too.
You scan your items, one at at time, but it wants you to put the item in the bag. If you don't, it won't let you scan anything else. We had blinds! Wooden blinds like 6 feet long! How do you bag that? So we set it on the sensor so it thinks we put it in the bag.
We move on to scan the next item, but removed the blinds so we could do this. The stupid machine started bitching at us to put the item back in the bag??? What is this?? Geesh, I was annoyed. Anyway, this machine talks to you like you're an idiot. Place the item in the bag. Scan the next item. Take the items with you when you leave. No sh*t. Grrr. Not sure why I was so grumpy, but needless to say I was.

So, we headed to Sears. Damn right Sears! They had many refrigerators....and we could have one RIGHT.NOW. Damn right!! We bought a stainless steel and black lovely refrigerator (pics later), with ice maker and water in the door, and a matching stove (just for the hell of it)..I've always wanted one of those smooth top stoves. The stove we didn't get today, but will pick up next week.
It was so easy. The salesperson was great and we got exactly what we wanted.

Then the next fun was getting it into our door. I did not help, and I'm sure that's how hubs prefers it. Next fun job was connecting the ice maker. The hubs is a great vet and surgeon, but plumber he is not. Or carpenter, or mechanic, or.. or..or.. But, he eventually got it hooked up...I only needed a few towels to clean up the water. :)

We didn't lose as much food as I thought we were going too, and we keep a pretty full freezer. Luckily it's cold enough outside that we could put alot out there.

Oh..and Christmas?? Hubs got me a little camera..cutest thing you ever saw. We agreed not to exchange gifts, but he didn't listen. It's a Canon Elph SD400. It's very small, perfect for your pocket. Love it. Again, I'll provide pics of all this tomorrow.
My neighbors made me these wooden deer for the yard. Completely made out of logs and sticks. Very cool.
Then a few odds and ends. Some very cool stemless wine glasses from Crate & Barrel and some really neat martini glasses. They are the top of a martini glass without the stem, and they sit in this little bowl that you fill with ice. I don't drink martini's, but hubs will enjoy them. Come to think of it, I rarely drink wine..so he will enjoy those too. Hmmm. I didn't see any gift wrapped 12 packs of Heineken!!

That was about it! I got a new webcam, just for
Laura :) hee hee.

And, friends, that is my recap of Christmas and after.
I will have some pics tomorrow of some of the cool stuff.
No web-cam pics...so don't even ask :)

15 comments:

Nature Girl said...

Oh Leesa that would aggravate me to no end! I had similar experiences with Home Depot when I remodeled the kitchen, and dining room and tore up the floors for hardwood. I was not very patient. I was doing most of it while DH was at sea and was very frustrated. DH had to finish the prepwork on the floors then we called in professionals to install. I absolutely refuse to use those self checkouts no matter how long the line is. DH hops right in there though and then we always get stuck! UGH! I felt your pain! Glad you didn't loose alot of food! Can't wait to see all the pics! Stacie

Malifacent said...

Sounds like you had a nice unwrap session - always wanted those 'natural wood' deer, so incredibly clever been seeking one of those carved trunk bears as well. I WILL find one yet. Sorry to hear about HD being a drag and yes, I ventured out myself today only to return home with nothing but a bad mood. Here's to the New Year!

Unknown said...

OMG you sound like me when we go shopping and I hate those idiot self checkout systems. I also hate it when they have one right in front of you and can't sell it to you. Hubs pitched a fit about a cd player that they wouldn't sell us cause it was a display, but they were discontinuing it. What the hell he says if you aren't going to carry it anymore why is it on display. Manager finally sold it to us for a discounted price. lol You are sooo gonna love the smooth top stove, I have one and Love itLove it.

Laura said...

I'm jealous about the fridge! We had somewhat of a fiasco with our dishwasher from HD...I was not impressed with their customer service AT ALL.
As for self check outs..the Food Lion has them and the stupid machine says out loud everything you buy. "Two thirty-nine. SAVINGS! Ten cents!" It is as annoying as all get out. Unless I'm buying asparagus...then it says, "Move your...ASS paragus to the belt!" and I always snicker to myself like a big dork. Easily amused, I know...

New webcam??? Bowm chicka bowm bowm...
;)
~L.

Dee said...

I knew there was a reason I do not go in the day after. I get so f*&#ing irritated with the crowds the day before I would want to kill someone the day after. I never use the self check outs. I hate them with a passion.

CheekyMoo said...

I hate shopping all the time. When I was reading the Home Depot fiasco I was going to suggest Sears. They are so much easier. Sounds like you got some great things. I hope your Christmas was Merry. You deserve it. :-)

Peruby said...

I got my daughter the Canon Elph camera in garnet. She loves it. I have to admit I bought her the little keychain one too, right before you posted about it. It was a tease for her to open on Christmas eve thinking that was the only camera she was getting and Christmas morning she got the Elph. I think I don't have to tell you how darn cute it is. I "so" want one of my own, now.

Robin Alexa said...

Damn people.

Can't wait for the pictures!!!

manababies said...

Wow, you're brave to go shopping today! But I'd have to agree that Sears does have great service. I hate those self checkout thingies too. It's like "I don't want to bag my stuff, damn it!"

That's a mighty cute camera! Like a quarter of the size of the 20D. hehe

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Erg...I refuse to shop the day after Christmas...I'd end up killing someone, I know I will! :)

Plus it's freezing here and my brother lovingly shared his nasty cold with both me and The PK so I have NO intention of getting anywhere near a store today...I'm cranky enough already!

Unknown said...

I don't think home depot is all its cracked up to be from reading the comments lol. We went to one looking for a washer and dryer a couple years ago and then went to Lowes to compare, lol wasn't the same brand but close so the guy wanted to keep us from going back to HD and gave us a discount on the washer and dryer, would HD have done it. Some how I doubt it lol

Marianna said...

Well. Ba Hum Bug to you too! LOL!!! I managed to survive Walmart ~ it wasn't that bad. But I LOVE the self-check out. I have had some problems where it doesn't recognize the weight of my item in the bag so it thinks I'm stealing it or something, but for the most part, I've had good experiences on it.

Ok ~ so the wooden deer. Can you take a pic of the REAL deer when they come up & try to hump your wooden ones?! ROFL!!!

(it must be the ben & jerry's ice cream flavor. I'm on a roll)

M~

Samantha Alice said...

Hate that you had the appliance trouble on top of Christmas - we had to replace our furnace this week last year (which, admittedly, ain't as big a thang in TN as it is in MT).

Gotta see a picture of the stemless wine glasses!

Shephard said...

We got a new vacuum from the grandmas.. the new purple Dyson one that's good for pet hair. Love it so far.

We got to The Great Indoors for appliances and stuff (pssst... it's really Sears; new name they're so they can dodge their unhip reputation).
~S

Jaime said...

Ohhhh... I HATE those self check outs. Shaw's is the worst. It doesn't save you any time when the cashier has to come over every time anyway to enter her code. Grrr.