Saturday, December 24

Fun Days of Christmas


I found a pretty cute story on the 12 Days of Christmas. Found over at Samantha's, who always comes up with great stuff. Check it out....

This Christmas eve has been interesting. First, starting with last night, we had dinner with friends , which as usual was a great time. They bought a ping-pong table and wanted to break it in.

Ping Pong. Who woulda thought? At first I was amused by the whole idea, but once we got down there and started playing it was great! We also played beer pong, which is actually very hard to play. I eventually gave up because I was tired of waiting to drink my beer. Plus it was getting warm, and that's a big no-no where Heineken is concerned.
I suggested adding alot more glasses...but they were wimps.

They guys decided to play wine pong, but found out that chugging expensive wine is not fun.
We had an amazing dinner and drank way too much. Just as it should be. They had a gorgeous tree and many many presents under it, so I took many pics. They also made me a beautiful gift which I will post tomorrow.

Today I baked cookies all day. My yummy cookies. I found a recipe over at
My favorite chef and cooking show that has been a huge hit. They are called puffy cookies and they are so good. Made with cake flour to make them soft and chewy.
So, for my neighbors, I baked all day. They came out great!

Also, our refrigerator died tonight. Yep...dead. Smells horrible. Know any stores open tomorrow to buy a fridge??? Nope...that's what I thought. So, we will be buying a fridge on Monday. I think we might buy a stove too since we've needed a new one since we've been here.

I also had a little scare yesterday when the Hubs went out riding horses. About an hour into his ride, a neighbor kid stopped by to tell me that they saw the Hubs horse running down the street alone. Alone?? The horse wound up coming home by himself. Still saddled up but no reins or halter. Hmmm. I wasn't quite sure where to go with that.
I called a few neighbors who all jumped immediately to go find hubs. I stayed home by the phone. I have to say I thought it was pretty cool that 1-the horse came home on his own, and 2-my neighbors all formed this little posse to search for the hubs. Two neighbors on 4-wheelers with radios, one in a car and two driving down the country roads. It was quite impressive and very comforting.

The hubs was fine, by the way. Which I had suspected from the beginning since it didn't sound right that the halter and reins were not on the horse. Come to find out that he got off of Blaze to adjust the bit and Blaze decided he had had enough and took off! Hubs was at least a few miles from home so he started walking. Eventually a neighbor picked him up and brought him home.

Oh the fun of wilderness living.


I'm now enjoying a Heinekin and channel surfing.
Sounds like a great Christmas eve to me!

10 comments:

Osbasso said...

Glad to hear everything turned out OK!

Checked out your contribution to the story. Thank you! Also noticed you showed up in just a thong. I'd pay good money to see that!

Sounds like a great Christmas Eve--hope tomorrow is just as good!

S said...

Hi Leesa! We are having a mellow Christmas Eve, too! Just me, Mr Ratburn and Little Rita, watched The Snowman, and now LR is making a snakc plate for Santa and the reindeer! I'm so excited for her!
Yes, come back and take the Grinch test! Don't look at Logo and Limes answers unless you need help! They got em all right...
Have a wonderful Christmas, Leesa!

Shephard said...

We're also channel surfing...
and watching the cats play. A quiet evening.
Merry Christmas!
~S :)

elvira black said...

Oh, would I love to see those pix! Beer pong? Never heard of it but it sounds wild. I agree about the warm Heineken however.

That was so awesome that your neighbors went looking for hubby! I can just imagine how cool it must be to go horseback riding out there too. Channel surfing is always a viable option for me--lol.

Have a very very Merry Christmas!

Wendy said...

Merry Christmas Leesa!!

Blondie... said...

Merry Christmas gorgeous! Lots of warm wishes and hugs.

~R

Unknown said...

Ihaven't play ping pong in years sounds like fun. Yum cookies. Glad the hubs is okay. Smart horse to come back home lol.

Leesa said...

Os--thanks:) Hope your holiday is great too! Thanks for the comment on the thong, I'm sure everyone is paying attention!
Barefoot--I will be back to play. Your celebration sounds perfect :)
Shephard--the cats have been wild today..must be all the cooking smells.
Elvira--beer pong is where you play ping pong with your glass of beer on the center line, you want to hit the ball into the opponents glass so they will have to chug the beer. It's fun, but not easy!
You have a great holiday too!
Wendy and Blondie..thanks, Merry Christmas to you too!
Anne--I was impressed the horse came home too, they were pretty far away!
Karley--these horses are actually really good horses, I think Blaze was just having problems with the bit. So we switched to a bitless bridle. Of course I would be apprehensive to if I had been hurt on one!

Marianna said...

Hi girlie! Glad G is ok! I can't imagine what I'd do if I saw the horse without the rider coming back.

Ping pong is fun but I can't imagine it drunk... lol

M~

Jaime said...

My husband is right into beer pong. I'm sure they will play it at his 30th birthday.
I LOOOOOOVE that picture!
Eeeek... glad the hubby is all set. Too funny that the horse made it back on his own. And that's so sweet that your neighbors stepped up and were concerned enough to help out - very cool!