Saturday, December 10

Martini, Anyone?

I thought this was pretty cool :)
(*I've actually done some of these)


Many uses for Vodka:

1. To remove a bandage painlessly, saturate the bandagewith vodka. The solvent dissolves the adhesive.
2. To clean the caulking around bathtubs and showers,fill a trigger-spray bottle with vodka, spray the caulking,let set 5 minutes and wash clean. The alcohol in the vodkakills mold and mildew.
3. To clean your eyeglasses, simply wipe the lenses with asoft, clean cloth dampened with vodka. The alcohol in thevodka cleans the glass and kills germs.
4. Prolong the life of razors by filling a cup with vodka andletting your safety razor blade soak in the alcohol aftershaving. The vodka disinfects the blade and prevents rusting.
5. Spray vodka on vomit stains, scrub with a brush,then blot dry.
6. Using a cotton ball, apply vodka to your face as anastringent to cleanse the skin and tighten pores.
7. Add a splash of vodka to a 12-ounce bottle of shampoo.The alcohol cleanses the scalp, removes toxins from hair and stimulates the growth of healthy hair.
8. Fill a 16-ounce trigger-spray bottle and spraybees or wasps to kill them.
9. Pour 1/2 cup vodka and 1/2 cup water in a freezer bagand freeze for a slushy, reusable ice pack for aches,pain or black eyes...
10. Fill a clean, empty jar with freshly packed lavender flowers. Fill the jar with vodka, seal the lid tightly, andset it in the sun for 3 days. Strain liquid, then apply thetincture to aches and pains.
11. Make your own mouthwas by mixing 9 tablespoonspowered cinnamon with 1 cup vodka. Seal in an airtightcontainer for 2 weeks. Strain through a coffee filter. Mixwith warm water and rinse your mouth. (DON'T SWALLOW!)
12. Using a cotton swab, apply vodka to a cold sore to help it dry out.
13. If blister opens, pour vodka over the raw skin as a local anestheic that also disinfects the exposed dermis.
14. To treat dandruff, mix 1 cup vodka with 2 teaspoons crushed rosemary. Let sit 2 days, strain through a coffee filter, massage into your scalp and dry.
15. To treat an earache, put a few drops of vodka in your ear. Let sit for a few minutes, then drain. Vodka will kill the bacteria causing pain in your ear.
16. To relieve a fever, use a washcloth to rub vodka on your chest and back as a liniment.
17. To cure foot odor, wash your feet with vodka.
18. Vodka will disinfect and alleviate a jellyfish sting.
19. Pour vodka over an area affected with poison ivy toremove the urushiol oil from your skin.
20. Swish a shot of vodka over an aching tooth. Allow your gums to absorb some of the alcohol to numb the pain. And, my personal favorite...
21. If all else fails, just turn the bottle upside-downand drink it.

Then nothing else will matter anyway!

9 comments:

Robin Alexa said...

That's great! Thanks.

I use vinegar to clean a lot. It's much healthier than all of those chemical cleaners and it works really well on glass and for removing odours in fabrics, rugs etc. (and it doesn't hurt them)

Leesa said...

I use vinegar alot around the house too. Makes great window cleaner!

Unknown said...

lol pretty sure that last one would work better than the others huh.

Marianna said...

Oy! I never knew!

M~

Pandora Wilde said...

You can make your own vanilla extract too--take half a dozen vanilla beans and soak them in 2 cups of vodka. Leave to steep, shaking occasionally for at least 6 weeks. If you want a stronger extract, take the beans out after 6 weeks, put in more, then leave another six weeks.

I do this and it's much stronger than commercial extract and tastes better too.

Mama Duck said...

OK, if it cleans the ick out of my caulk in the bathtub as I still sure this is something I want to consume?

Ditto on the vinegar. It's a must in a house with hard water.

Trekreb said...

Ok, I have a question about use #5. If vodka caused the vomit stains in the first place, would it still work?

Leesa said...

Cool on the vanilla extract!! I will have to try that.
Trekreb...that's the second time I've had that question today:) I would assume it would be easier to clean then...double strength!

Laura said...

Did you pull this from the Absolut site??? Who knew??
~L.