Friday, April 14

What Spring Brings....

We actually had a brief moment yesterday with no rain, so we decided to take a walk along the property.
We have several trails that lead around through the forest and down to the creek. As we were wandering around I found the spot where the bear take everything they steal. It was pretty funny. We found several broken bird feeders, two trash can lids and a couple of cat food bowls. I had wondered where those bowls went.

I haven't had much photography inspiration lately, bleh. It's been rainy and wet for what seems like forever. I caught Critter sleeping in a box yesterday, that's the photo you see for the Thursday Challenge. That's all I got folks. I'm ready for some sun!!!

As I type this, I can hear the Story of the black bear in Tennessee that killed the child. How awful. Don't worry, I'll be careful around here. I guess it's that time.

As I look out the window in front of me I can see a Pileated Woodpecker on the tree....heyyy....maybe I can catch him :)

10 comments:

Derek said...

That's really funny that you found the bear's "stash". How big is your property?

Unknown said...

that's too funny about the bears hiding spot.

Michael said...

Please be careful!

Take Care
Michael

Marianna said...

I thought about you when I heard that story this morning. Very scary & tragic for that family!

M~

Leesa said...

Wow, what a stoary about the bear. Leesa, you be careful! Hope you got that woodpecker; pretend it is an Ivory Billed Woodpecker! I am a bit of a, um, 'pecker expert.

Kat said...

The fact that you have trails to the creek and can find a bear stash is simply amazing. I'm so jealous. :)

What a tragic story!

Leesa said...

derek--we're on 17 acres.
Leesa--pecker expert are ya?? I'll let you review the pics then ;)
Carrie--yes, it's pretty cool. Of course you have to make alot of noise, so I take the dogs.
Michael & Dakota..thanks :)
Greekie--yes, horrible story. What's sad is that is SO unusual for a black bear.

S said...

Hah, I found a kitty stash once under a dresser of hairbands, balls, catnip mice, paper clips, those plastic strip things you rip off of milk bottles, strings.....
hilarious....

... Paige said...

It is a very sad story. Look out when you are around that bear pile.

Doug Bagley said...

I love Montana! It's so beautiful. . .and cold! That bear story in TN. is soooo sad, isn't it?
I don't know how anyone could get over an experience like that, child or grown up.