Sunday, April 30

Sunday Mutter, part 2


Cold and rainy today, 34 when I got up. Oh well, the last three days have just been gorgeous, we actually got up to high 60's.
This is Jam day, so if you sent me your address before, you will be getting some soon! If you didn't and want some, let me know. I'm pretty sure I will have PLENTY.

We had scary strong winds last night, actually opened the top to the hot tub. I woke to the trash cans opened and rolling away, trash and boxes in the front yard, and a windchime broken. Geesh. I'm impressed some of my bird feeders survived. The winds have died down, but now it is pretty cold and wet.

We started the new "diet" this week, and I have to say it's a nice welcome change. We filled the house with fruits, fish, beans and rice. Last night we had stuffed salmon and rice, sauteed vegetables and a salad with balsamic vinagrette. Very nice.
Stacie sent me some great vegetarian recipes that we will try this week. We actually bought Tofu...we'll see how that goes :)

Still no bear messing with me yet, but of course hubs is home so that's probably the reason. They will show up the day he leaves, I'm sure. We've had alot of duck activity at the pond, I now have TWO turtles living there, and the hubs saw a bobcat the other day. Hummingbirds are slowly invading. All is cool. Spring is here :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never had a meal yet with tofu that made me forget it was tofu and I love some of the japanese stuff like miso..oh well, let me know if it's any good.

my wife has a recipe for rice-stuffed cabbage rolls if you like cabbage.

tc

Marianna said...

I'm not sure I could eat tofu. But I'm DEFINITELY looking forward to the jam!

:)
M~

Unknown said...

I use tofu, firm, all the time to stretch my meat. It's also good marinated in soy and then fried on a non stick pan.

~grey said...

never tried tofu, but my sister has it all the time. I think she is a vegitarian.... but she does have red meat once a month. Because of a low Iron count.

Are you making Jam? what kind...
I know there are laws or rules about shipping food across the US boarder... Do you have any going to Canada..?

Your Weather sounds exactly like what we are going through! extremely high winds... nice before that... and now chilly and cold... same temp here.
Bbbrrrrr

bought more cards too.. LOL
I am a sucker for cards...

Have a good day
D

Haleigh Anne said...

I would love some jam if you have enough. I will email you my address later.

TURTLES!!!! I LOVE turtles!!! Can't wait to see if you get some good pictures. I want to build a pond in our backyard (when we get a house) and put turtles in it.

Tofu...Yummy. I like it when it is scrambled like eggs and mixed with sauted (sp?) onions and red and yellow peppers...then, rolled in a tortilla.