Saturday, April 1

Expensive Lunch


We took a journey today. We were on a mission to get a ferret. Sort of.
As I had mentioned before, I couldn't find any ferrets locally, so I had to drive into Coeur d'Alene, Idaho.
We filled up the gas tank on the monster truck, $76.00, and headed out. About halfway there I started changing my mind about the ferret. *smiles*.
I was really reconsidering the cost it would bring. The ferrets were $129.00. The cage that I would have wanted would have been about $200.00. Add a few toys and what-not..and we're spending $300.00. Just didn't work for me.

Soooo, we thought about a kitten. I love kittens, it would be just as entertaining, and much cheaper. Hubs agreed, which in itself was a small shock, so we decided to look for a kitten.
There must be a shortage because we couldn't find one. Petco didn't have kittens, and two small pet shops we went to didn't either. Strange, I thought.
We decided to have lunch at The Olive Garden and decide what to do after that.
We stopped at one more store, still with no luck. So we headed home.

So, to wrap it up. We drove an hour and 45 minutes one way to have lunch and come home :)

I'm no trouble at all....really :)

12 comments:

Osbasso said...

Bummer about not getting ferrets...

At least the drive to CDA is purty!

Lori said...

Don't you have a local "Help for Homeless Pets"?????
I understand about the ferret though. I have been back and forth on the Saltwater fish tank, It would be over $1600.00 to get the one i like. Ouch
and that's with no fish....

Unknown said...

Well, I LOVE being on the road. And if the picture is any clue, so did someone else!!
Eh, sometimes you just never now. We think about getting another dog but...well. Not yet. We'd really like to breed Gretta with a pure bred Border Collie or similar highly intelligent dog breed. I would like to train agility. So if you or anyone in blog land has a male (intact of course) that would like to make a deal...let me know. [I am not one for increasing the population of dogs just because I am selfish... but I have had so many people ask me/us if we were planning to breed Gretta and that they would like a pup if we did, and we have thought about it for 3 years, so the time is now or never, but intact males are hard to find!]

Unknown said...

Oops, it's sometimes you just never know. Duh.

Nature Girl said...

You're too funny...I was looking forward to the ferret pics...imagine the photo opportunities alone..they are so fun. I will never convince my DH to let me have one...or any more pets of any kind for that matter..sigh...
Sta

Nature Girl said...

cie

Marianna said...

That really makes me sad because there's always free kitties in my local pet store by my office.

Hi Brock! Did Taylor come too?

M~

Unknown said...

Lol wow

Leesa said...

Yes Taylor came too, but she's not big enough to stick her head out the window.
We do have humane societies around, but if I go in a place like that, I'm bound to bring home more than one. Very dangerous and sad for me.

CheekyMoo said...

Petco had them on sale for $89.99 last week. Maybe keep watching their ads? I way over spent on our cage. They're never in the cage, so I dunno why I got such a big one. They escape constantly. Sorry you didn't get either. I hope you at least had a good time.

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

At least it sounds like you had a nice time together. I love it when The PK and I spend some time together alone.

And yes, why not check out the local animal shelter if you have one. I told The PK that's where we're getting our next dog from. :)

Anonymous said...

you are too funny! a ferret, then a kitten...that's cute.
How bout a couple of rabbits, the lop earred one and the little white one with small ears are so cute....probably have to wrastle the wife tho..LOL
tc