Friday, April 28

Rambling Rose


I'm writing this at 4am. Know why?? I lost power for most of the night, and that's when it decided to come back on. The lights, the tv, the fans...all at once. Scared the crap out of all of us.

Been a cool couple of days.
No real bear activity yet.
I saw my first hummingbirds today!! :) I had two mallards in the yard this afternoon along with the geese.
I also saw trout and turtles in the pond, which I was pretty impressed considering the pond froze for so long.
I have two daffodils that actually bloomed! Pics to come....
I put my garden back together today that was plowed by the snowplow guy.
Raked up all the pine needles everywhere. Cleaned off the porch and deck today.
The sprinkler guy started working, and we will go buy the whirlpool tub this week :)

Oh and the Vegan thing...just a little off. More like semi-vegetarian. No more red meat, but fish, grains, vegetables and fruit. He already started in CA and he says it's great. So...I guess we'll be trying that for awhile. Which is amusing since I just ordered chickens from the chicken farm here. 20 chickens. Oh well...I still like chicken. We don't eat store bought meat much since moving up here.


Ok, I'm just rambling now....
I think I'll go to sleep.

9 comments:

Marianna said...

Oh, if you get a chance to take a turtle pic, will ya do it for me? How cool!

Hope you get some sleep, chick. Oh ~ reminder ~ Shakira on Today.

M~

Unknown said...

Oh I hate it when that happens lol.

No red meat, wouldn't be a problem for me but I gotta have my chicken and turkey, not much of a fish eater lol.

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Had a hummongbird almost fly into my hair yesterday and scared the bejesus out of me!!! (I thought it was a big bee!!!)

They are SO damn cute (and fast!!!) :)

Leesa said...

The only problem with hummingbirds is it takes, like 10 of them just to use to stuff peppers. But being sem-vegitarian, you probably don't hunt them anymore.

Derek said...

I don't think there's any way I could totally go without red meat. I love steak. Chicken is also pretty tasty though.

Leesa said...

Chickie--I did get a pic of the turtle. It's not great since I couldn't get to close, but I'll send it to ya.
*
Dakota--I don't think I'll miss red meat that much. I could do without Turkey too :P
*
PQ--they do sound like big bees don't they!
*
Liza--we have skunks and possum too, but you rarely see them. Not sure why.
*
Leesa--stuffed hummingbird peppers..lovely. I bet you'd have to be a pretty good shot though to hunt them.
*
Derek--I do like steak, but I really do think I could do without. I love fish and chicken.

Shephard said...

Oh, no red meat. We do that. I haven't had beef for 16 years. :) We use ground turkey for a lot of things. But don't buy extra lean cuz it tastes like rubber.
~S

Nature Girl said...

Holy Smoley Girlfriend..you've been busy! I can't wait to see pics of the chicks! I have a FAB tofu burrito recipe if you want it. Even my boys ask me to make them...That's what I call a seal of approval! LOL Stacie

Wendy said...

I love fish the best, then chicken, then pork then beef. I prolly wouldn't care about not having it, but every once in a while, I want it.

We haven't seen a hummingbird yet. Any day now .... I'm sure of it. I have the feeders out just in case.