Thanks, Chickie:) Skye--it's true, they aren't really afraid, they will actually land on my fingers sometimes. But, trying to get the perfect pic, like you said, I sit very still. And it definitely takes patience waiting for one to sit still for 2 seconds!! I've spent an entire afternoon on the porch to catch some of these shots.
Leesa, that's just a beautiful shot. The red and gold are stunning. We have mostly Emerald and Anna's hummingbirds here. But once in a while I see a Rufus. :) ~S
I took a similar photo last year. We called him Hitler. He was so mean to the other Hummingbirds. I have sat for hours as well to capture these little wonders.They haven't shown up in Colorado yet and I think it's mid to late May before they do. What kind of camera do you use?
8 comments:
Love the colors!
M~
Thanks, Chickie:)
Skye--it's true, they aren't really afraid, they will actually land on my fingers sometimes. But, trying to get the perfect pic, like you said, I sit very still. And it definitely takes patience waiting for one to sit still for 2 seconds!! I've spent an entire afternoon on the porch to catch some of these shots.
beautiful...now what I really want to know is how "critter" is doing?
tc
Leesa, that's just a beautiful shot. The red and gold are stunning. We have mostly Emerald and Anna's hummingbirds here. But once in a while I see a Rufus. :)
~S
Unbelievable. The color is gorgeous.
pretty
I took a similar photo last year. We called him Hitler. He was so mean to the other Hummingbirds. I have sat for hours as well to capture these little wonders.They haven't shown up in Colorado yet and I think it's mid to late May before they do. What kind of camera do you use?
Janet, I sit very still on my porch to catch these little cuties:) I took this photo with a Canon 20D, but I also use a Panasonic Lumix FZ20K. Thanks!
Post a Comment